Jason Potapoff wrote:The Semi Finals...

...are a warm puppy.
CREATION MATRIX><XIRTAM NOITAERC
_________COAX INIR MATTER_________
Shazam!

Re: PFHL S6 Playoffs Semi-Finals Discussion Thread

Postby Shazam! » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Stardust v. Thor!

In Stardust's first appearance in comics he seems to have fought Beta Ray Bill to a standstill. If Bill could handle Stardust, Thor should take him.

But this is Heroclix, not comics, so I'm going with the cosmic herald. 500 Quatloos on Stardust for the win!
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:03 pm

I've got him 96 to 91 if he pops Nova again. That put me in the cat bird seat and now the map works to my advantage. Thor's range will be usless on the corner towers of the map. And i can push without damage.

Nova's PW was a lifesaver...I was goingto blast his whole team for 1 and i would have if this had been a mtach to the death but in a 10 rnd format he will have to come to me to get the win.

I guess i finally learened to play "the Match" not play how i would IRL.
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:38 pm

I knew i should have put it on a flat map....

Now for the kami style and praying to the dice gods.... (seems to have worked so far).
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:10 pm

I was soo scared. i saw you going for Hector and i hadn't even thought you would go for him. Great Game RJC!
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Congratulations to both of you guys for making it to the semis and for playing such a tight and well played game. Any game that basically comes down to 1 or 2 rolls usually means some excellent strategy on the part of both combatants. In this match, that was definitely the case. Both of you guys have really scary rosters that I don't want to face so I really didn't have a rooting interest... so it was especially fun just to sit back and watch the action.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:44 pm

Congrats on a good game.

Tomorrow I will update stats and the like and do the various other inbetween end of one round and the start of the next round duties. Lets say... Sunday I will post the scenario for the finals so roster moves/feat purchase needs to be done by them baring any unforeseen complications.

For tonight I shall sit around and worry myself to death with buyers remorse... The shingles on my house have needed replacing for at least the past 3 years and I finally got off my arse and called someone in to take a look at it. So of course instead of calling multiple people in and get a few quotes to compare I signed the contract with the first company I talked to. They seem to be very good, they have won awards, they come well recommended by a neighbour, I got a good feeling from them, etc. They haven't asked for any money up front, the owner said he takes payment after the work is done so that's a good sign. They discussed various things before hand to make sure we are on the same page. Like if the current shingles were installed over another set of shingles then they will have to charge a bit more due to the labour and costs of removing an extra layer of shingles but this is unlikely but brought it up just in case it happens because if they don't then mention it now and if there's something strange under the shingles that costs extra to deal with they have to cover those costs. Mentioned that if some of the roof's wood has started to rot they will replace it without extra charge if there is just some rot but if it's a more then they will have to discuss charges but would charge just materials not labour unless it's a massive amount of wood to change. The price they quoted covers 5 vents that they will replace but if there are a couple more vents up there that they couldn't see from the ground the price quoted will cover that. That if any of their workers are hurt that is covered by their company i'm not liable for that (they have insurance and worker's compensation for that, etc.), if they do any damage to my property they will cover fixing/paying for it.

So I am somewhat confident I made the right choice, but of course i'm going to fret over that for the rest of the night and part way tomorrow when I talk to my co-workers and tell them how much it costs. Blah. And i'm not even a home owner (technically the house is owned by my Dad but I live in it and pay for all of the costs except property taxes.)
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Gideon? No I'd have figured it out sooner if you were secretly my brother...

Anyway: Go MWPOSSE! Continue the trend of whomever beats me in the playoffs winsit all! Avenge the Doom Patrol fallen (despite you having felled one of them yourself... :evil: )
CREATION MATRIX><XIRTAM NOITAERC
_________COAX INIR MATTER_________
badger

Postby badger » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:52 am

good game guys and -- btw Jason it sounds like you made the best choice possible (I've certainly experienced different shades of worse)
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor

Return to “S6 PHFL Playoffs Semi-Finals”