PFHL Round 2 Discussion Thread

Moderator: greenandgold

Shazam!

Re: PFHL Round 2 Discussion Thread

Postby Shazam! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:25 pm

I found it a huge improvement over the previous version(s). I thought the solution to the 200 potential swing was just make sure you score 200+ more points than your own opponent. Not sure why people were so timid with other player's figures at risk. The best defensive manuevering IMO is to be aggresive, put your figures in the safest positions they can occupy while still threatening to do serious damage to your opponrnt if he does not react. Simply maneuvering defensively without putting pressure on your opponent at the same time just gives the opponent time to react and find a weakness.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:36 pm

greenandgold wrote:
I hope people had fun with this one. The rosters are updated and the store is open. I'm shooting for Tuesday night to start up round 3.

I think the rosters still need to be updated to reflect the trades.
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:30 am

Hidden games sounds like a fun idea, but even knowing Shazam had won (which we didn't, but work with me) I still wanted to know that I beat yendi. It was very close and I could have lost by 2 points only to "win" by 198 thanks to Shazam!, so I go to 2-0, but I feel 1-1. However had the two of us hit more attacks it would have been the bloodbath we were both trying for and either may have lost outright. The fun thing was figuring out movements and positioning attacks, so as to get the final KO. In the end you've all got great points.
CREATION MATRIX><XIRTAM NOITAERC
_________COAX INIR MATTER_________
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Postby Hero_of_angels » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:59 am

I think hiding the game might have been best. Just really seemed to take the wind out of my game, to the point where I was fine just relaxing and hanging back to pull off a quick KO late game. The scenario's not bad, but limited time along with no other purpose other than helping Stimpy out just kinda took me out of this one. I'll have to see if it's possible to hide specific games, I think it is.
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:45 pm

So, has there been any official word on whether there will be a supplemental draft of Arkham Asylum characters, and if so when we might be looking at doing that?
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:19 pm

I think this was the last discussion on the topic. This exchange happened during round 1:

rjcarpenter wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
badger wrote:Hey G&G when do we do an Arkham Draft ??

I think we need to get a couple more weeks under our belts before that happens. I will ponder this one. Any one remember when last years sup draft was?

After round 3 was the earliest one I can remember.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
Scammer

Postby Scammer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:41 pm

I will have been mathematically eliminated by then!!!!
Playground team: Magneto, Black Adam, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Black Knight, Black Bolt, Moondragon, Joker, Abbey Chase, Mister Mind, Doc Samson, Fatality, Despero, Vulture, Iceman
Map: Four Corners
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Shazam! wrote:I think this was the last discussion on the topic. This exchange happened during round 1:

rjcarpenter wrote:
greenandgold wrote: "Hey G&G when do we do an Arkham Draft ??"
I think we need to get a couple more weeks under our belts before that happens. I will ponder this one. Any one remember when last years sup draft was?

After round 3 was the earliest one I can remember.

I remember that exchange... just wondering if the commish had made any progress on his decision as to whether and when this will actually happen. Mostly just bored between rounds ;)
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
MaD DawG

Postby MaD DawG » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:09 pm

PantherCult wrote:I remember that exchange... just wondering if the commish had made any progress on his decision as to whether and when this will actually happen. Mostly just bored between rounds ;)

I PMd G&G and he told either after 3 or maybe 4, I know its a little broad, but thought I should pass it on
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:07 pm

I'm bored any one want to trade? Come on Shazam you know you don't need Iron Widow and Scarlet Witch tells me she misses you. :shock:
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Impulse-ive wrote:I'm bored any one want to trade? Come on Shazam you know you don't need Iron Widow and Scarlet Witch tells me she misses you. :shock:

I miss her too,

but not enough to trade Black Widow for her.

At least not straight up.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:59 pm

Sorry guys. I'm not home and wont be able to get the game threads up tonight. Look for everything to go up tomorrow night around 9ish.

Rosters updated for purchased and trades
Free agents processed
Standings posted
Game threads up

Also, the AA draft is going to happen after round 3!
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:00 pm

Shazam! wrote:
Impulse-ive wrote:I'm bored any one want to trade? Come on Shazam you know you don't need Iron Widow and Scarlet Witch tells me she misses you. :shock:

I miss her too,

but not enough to trade Black Widow for her.

At least not straight up.

I wasn't thinking straight up but, I'm sure we can work something out.
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing

Return to “PFHL Season 6 Round 2”