PFHL Season 5 Award Ceremony

greenandgold
Site Admin

PFHL Season 5 Award Ceremony

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 7:53 pm

This way to the end of season award ceremony.

Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Re: PFHL Season 5 Award Ceremony

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Step right up and get a drink. Remember, PC’s buying this year

I’ll take a double of whatever Impulse-ive is having.
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 7:56 pm

::Steps to the podium::

Ahem… Greetings and welcome to the Season 5 PFHL award ceremony. We’ll begin the trophy presentations shortly, but in the meantime please feel free to have some cake.

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 7:57 pm

I’d start my introduction of this years Champion with an “always a bridemaid and never a bride” comment, but it really doesn’t apply here (other than his propensity for wearing dresses). This years winner has only sniffed the playoffs in the past so I am very pleased to see a long time member of the league and the community not only break through to the playoffs, but go on to win the Championship as the number 8 seed.
This member is class act who was in the running for fellowship all year as well. I believe he may now be the sole member of a very exclusive club to have won both the CMOHC and the PFHL. Congratulations on taking The Defenders all the way this year! Let’s hear a big round of applause for PantherCult as he is awarded to coveted 3 thumbs up trophy!

ImageImage
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:48 pm

A big hand for PC! Fill up my glass with the best ale, bar keep! The Ginger Ale!

Last year the Mighty Avengers triumphed over the incredibly abusive wildcard team I built. This year their little brother The Defenders have come out victorious. Will next year be the year of the JLA or perhaps the Uncanny X-Men? Time may tell.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words... really all it amounts to is getting lucky at the right time. I've always just been a .500 kind of player in the Playground league... and I was again this year. but I stumbled into the playoffs thanks to a couple of late season wins and then my team just got hot at exactly the right time.

Thanks to everyone in the league for making the season awesome. There's a reason that other leagues come and go but the Playground endures - it's because first and foremost it's fun and that's a due a great group of captains and excellent administration.

So, bottom's up everyone and enjoy the rest of the ceremony....
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 pm

The Fellowship Award has always been a heroclix tradition and one that I highly encourage here in the Playground. Just because it’s a competitive league, doesn’t mean we should encourage and reward fellowship. This year the award goes to player who quite obviously enjoys each and every game he plays and brings and enthusiasm and fair play to the “virtual” table every week. It’s a pleasure having this player as a long time member of the league. The much deserved Season 5 fellowship award goes to Badger!

And a hearty thanks and honorable mention from yours truly to the many of you who made the Playground a fun experience this year!

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 9:10 pm

The 2nd place award looks to be missing. Fortunately the hidden cameras caught mwposse taking it ahead of time.

“My Precious”
I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so happy about 2nd Place. Congrats mwposses on great year and almost making it to the top!

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 9:11 pm

The next 2 awards are both new this year, but both winners are very deserving (in my eyes at least). The first award is the “Saving the Commissioners Ass Award”. This one goes to a player that attempted to give up him team due to personal reasons not once, but twice this year. Both times he game me great notice and volunteered to stay on till a replacement was found. Both times the replacements ended up backing out! This captain soldiered on and ended up finishing the season, making my life easy! A big thanks to Batman 1983 as the first winner of this award!

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 9:12 pm

The final award this year goes to an individual who put an unbelievable amout of effort into making his games fun to play in and hilarious to read. I’ll be the first to admit that I didn’t read all the games this year, but I did read his each and every week. Thank you Shazam! and congratulations on winning the Extraordinary Effort and Gamesmanship Award!

Also, a hearty congratulations to all the division winners. We had some great competition this year in a number of hotly contested races. It was an awesome year that saw almost every game have playoff implications in week 10! No trophy for you guys, but feel free to help yourself to the leftover cup cakes.

Aquajock
Impulse-ive
Badger
Hero_of_Angels
Boy Mullet

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon May 12, 2008 9:13 pm

Prize Pool – Here is the list of fabulous, and not so fabulous, prizes that have been accumulated as award for this year. Most of this stuff is extras and I am just too lazy to trade anymore. Thanks to Badger for contributing U Captain Boomerang and thanks to PC for throwing in an Invincible Collector Set and Dr Fate BibtB. Go ahead and post to this thread what you’d like and then PM me your address. You can certainly pass on prizes as well and I’ll just carry them over to next year.

Azrael Batman (Convention)
Dr Fate BibtB
Invincibles Collector Set
LE Calypso Ezili
LE Colonel Logan
LE Mandarin
LE Terrax
LE Yrra Cynril
NGN Iron Man
NGN Superman
U Captain Boomerang
U Graviton
U Jack of Hearts
U Ka-Zar
U Mystique
Sentinel (Original version, not sure if I have extra hands)

Here’s the prize order:

1. PantherCult
2. Badger
3. mwposse
4. Batman1983
5. Shazam!
6. Boy Mullet
7. Aquajock
8. Hero_of_Angels
9. Impulse-ive

ImageImage
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Mon May 12, 2008 10:23 pm

greenandgold wrote:Step right up and get a drink. Remember, PC’s buying this year

I’ll take a double of whatever Impulse-ive is having.

We'll start off with an irish car bomb followed by a shot of patron. Thanks PC and Congrats

:holds his glass up:
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
K26dp

Postby K26dp » Tue May 13, 2008 7:06 am

Congratulations to all the survivors of PFHL Season 5, with a special congratulations to PantherCult!

And a big round of applause to the Commish... running this thing is like trying to steer a boatload of schoolkids through a lake of molten fire in a canoe, but Greenandgold navigated it well and hosted a fantastic season.

Hmmm, steering a boatload of schoolkids through a like of molten fire in a canoe might make an interesting scenario...
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Wow... thank you. Thank you all! This is the nicest... *sob* Never have I held so fine an ass so tightly. Watch out, Galactus! You've *sniffle* you've got a challenger for your center shelf. I'd like to thank God and my mom. Go A-team!

Anyone for some cake?

Last edited by Batman1983 on Tue May 13, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:23 pm

I'll take one of these...

PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue May 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Well, I guess I'm supposed to claim a prize here.

The only item on the list that holds any interest for me is the Azrael Batman. I debated on whether or not to just pass on taking a prize, but as it took 5 seasons for me to even get to the post-season and will likely be another 5 seasons until I do it again, I should claim something to remind me.

So, I guess I'll opt for Azrael Batman and move along.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
badger

Postby badger » Thu May 15, 2008 6:12 pm

Wow eveyone THANKS!!!!! :D :D

First I want to say Thanks to Green and Gold for a great job !!!
(I really enjoyed it!)

secondly...
This was the award I was really wanted -- and I'm shocked and pleased to get it !!

really it means a lot to me -- thanks all

(sorry I've been scarce lately crazy home, work, and travel schedule ...but I'm glad I could check in I love this site )

As for drinks ..
I'll grab a Harp (but I think PC bought drinks last tiome we were together) 8)
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
badger

Postby badger » Thu May 15, 2008 7:50 pm

As far as a Prize goes --
If that Terrax is the new Herald I'll take me one gladly :D

(and be quite proud of it even if it never sees play)

if its not I'll go for the Manderin --- never got me one of these.

and if someone chooses the Cap. Boomerang I'll post it to them (if they would perfer a Drax LE I'll do that instead)
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Thu May 15, 2008 9:35 pm

If nobody wants him my son is dying for the invincible set. I know i draft last but i don't think people are looking here.
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Fri May 16, 2008 9:17 am

I pm'd MW.

If he doesn't take it I'd like the BibtB Doc Fate (since Batman is gone and I have NGN Supes and Boomerang)

If he takes that I'll have to get back to you.

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”