PFHL Playoff Finals: mwposse vs PantherCult

PantherCult

Re: PFHL Playoff Finals: mwposse vs PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu May 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Hmmmm, well, let's try this again then.

[1] Merlyn will drop his stealth and go for the kick on Aleta. AV 10 vs DV 15. Need a 5 for 2.

[dice]2d6[/dice]
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Debating whether to tempt fate and reroll that hoping to get some knockback...

Yeah what the hell...

[dice]2d6[/dice]
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu May 08, 2008 2:07 pm

Luckily that still hits... but no knockback. I suppose I could use Lucky Break, but seems like a waste there. 2 to Aleta.

OK, we're going to do the unexpected here and give you some interesting choices. But, I need clarification... Did Alfred turn off his Willpower to push to support or does he still have perplex. It looks like maybe you wanted to get him on the heal clicks, but thought I'd check.

[free] Beast outwits Perplex on Alfred if he's supposed to have that - otherwise will outwit the support on Alfred.

[2] Beast leaps to T15 to get up close and personal with Thor and the Butler...

Turn Summary: 2 clicks to Aleta. Alfred still can't be the butler he wants to be.

1. Captain Marvel w/ Protected L13 (2!)
2. Goblin Princess O13 (4!)
4. Dark Beast T15 @
3. E Black Knight KO
5. Merlyn w/ Lucky Break P13 (!)
6. R Northstar M23 KO

1. Thor w/ Monster Hunter L24 (5!)
2. Prometheus w/ Nanobots KO
3. Ghost Widow T13@ (1!)
4. R Aleta Q13 (3!) @@
5. Alfred U14 (2!) @@ [no perplex or outwit - depending]
6. Hellbaby KO
7. Calypso Ezil KO
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu May 08, 2008 2:09 pm

And obviously Thor is at T14 - has been for a lot of turns now.... somehow we reverted to a summary showing him at L24.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Thu May 08, 2008 4:18 pm

Interesting choice indeed. Do I try to roll the 8 and then hope to miss SS? Well I don't like my odds on either of those so I better go with the only other choice and go for the breakaway.

Thor will try to break away

[dice]1d6[/dice]
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Thu May 08, 2008 4:22 pm

That will probably do it for this game. But I'll keep trying.

1. Captain Marvel w/ Protected L13 (2!)
2. Goblin Princess O13 (4!)
4. Dark Beast T15 @
3. E Black Knight KO
5. Merlyn w/ Lucky Break P13 (!)
6. R Northstar M23 KO

1. Thor w/ Monster Hunter T14 (5!)@
3. Ghost Widow T13 (1!)
4. R Aleta Q13 (3!)
5. Alfred U14 (2!)
6. Hellbaby KO
7. Calypso Ezil KO

Summary 9b: Fat lady is warming up
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Thu May 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Oh and I did want Alfred down 2. Not a big issue now though.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu May 08, 2008 4:44 pm

Well, I still need to get some rolls here.

[free]Beast will outwit Invulnerability on Thor.

[1] Goblin Princess will pick up Merlyn and move to Q17, setting Merly at R16.

[2] Captain Marvel will take the RCE shot on Thor. AV 9 vs DV 15+1. Need a 7 for 3+2 and the KO.

[dice]2d6[/dice]
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu May 08, 2008 4:50 pm

And the Captain finally comes through. Thor takes 5 and falls down - vanquished.

Beast sighs with relief and elects not to push.

Turn Summary: 5 clicks and KO of Thor

1. Captain Marvel w/ Protected L13 @ (2!)
2. Goblin Princess Q17 @ (4!)
4. Dark Beast T15
3. E Black Knight KO
5. Merlyn w/ Lucky Break R16 (!)
6. R Northstar M23 KO

1. Thor w/ Monster Hunter KO
3. Ghost Widow T13 (1!)
4. R Aleta Q13 (5!)
5. Alfred U14 (2!)
6. Hellbaby KO
7. Calypso Ezil KO

There it is. You still have Ghost Widow and Alfred and Aleta on her final click (watch out for the pulse wave :lol: )
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Thu May 08, 2008 8:27 pm

At the sight of seeing a god fall, the rest of my team lays down their arms.

Great game!

My team definitely relied on TA's as a big crutch. Without that crutch against a great opponent, I knew I was in big trouble. I knew in this scenario that I'd have to play flawlessly and have some luck to pull it out against an excellent player like yourself. I'm not too mad at myself as I really only made 1 move that I'd take back (although the Prometheus brain cramp was a huge blunder).

You flat out outbuilt me and outplayed me. You came on strong at the right time of the season and earned this championship against some tough competition. Congratulations!

The league couldn't have a classier champ. Well done!

But look out next year! :twisted:
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Thu May 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Speaking of which, do we start the draft next week or the week after that? :wink:
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu May 08, 2008 8:44 pm

I have to say that I never felt in control of that match until that last attack.

Honestly the prospect of Thor running around and two fairly high attack healers had me shaking. I know you regret the Prometheus placement and having his outwit on the board would have made a lot of difference over the following turns... but even so I needed an 8 and failed super senses which is hard to get (as you proved going after Beast ;) ) So, I just got very dice fortunate on my first couple of turns... and then, the crit miss by Hellbaby was a blow - if he had hit the 4 he needed then Thor would have burned Captain Marvel's protected and left me much more exposed.

When I was originally thinking of teams to build - especially before I knew the scenario - I was building everything around a Dr. Strange/Valkyrie defenders team or a Hulk/TK team... but when I looked over your roster and noticed the wild card/stealth/see through stealth/mystic options you had, I decided to see what I could do if I used Disbanded. Dr Strange was out if he couldn't share Val's defense, and I knew that Hulk couldn't count on that high defense with Thor coming after him....

But, even with the advantage of stripping away TAs you had a nasty team that controlled a huge chunk of the board. I thought my only chance was to give you bait, but you out-thought me there with the barrier.

You made every move of that championship match a challenge and I enjoyed every second of it. Thanks for being an all around awesome guy, an excellent sport and a superb opponent.
This was one of my favorite matches of the entire season and not just because of the outcome....
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Thu May 08, 2008 8:48 pm

PantherCult wrote:I have to say that I never felt in control of that match until that last attack.

Honestly the prospect of Thor running around and two fairly high attack healers had me shaking. I know you regret the Prometheus placement and having his outwit on the board would have made a lot of difference over the following turns... but even so I needed an 8 and failed super senses which is hard to get (as you proved going after Beast ;) ) So, I just got very dice fortunate on my first couple of turns... and then, the crit miss by Hellbaby was a blow - if he had hit the 4 he needed then Thor would have burned Captain Marvel's protected and left me much more exposed.

When I was originally thinking of teams to build - especially before I knew the scenario - I was building everything around a Dr. Strange/Valkyrie defenders team or a Hulk/TK team... but when I looked over your roster and noticed the wild card/stealth/see through stealth/mystic options you had, I decided to see what I could do if I used Disbanded. Dr Strange was out if he couldn't share Val's defense, and I knew that Hulk couldn't count on that high defense with Thor coming after him....

But, even with the advantage of stripping away TAs you had a nasty team that controlled a huge chunk of the board. I thought my only chance was to give you bait, but you out-thought me there with the barrier.

You made every move of that championship match a challenge and I enjoyed every second of it. Thanks for being an all around awesome guy, an excellent sport and a superb opponent.
This was one of my favorite matches of the entire season and not just because of the outcome....

Damn it! You even outdid me in the end of the game speech! :twisted: :wink:
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Thu May 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks for kind words. Right back at you!
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Thu May 08, 2008 11:10 pm

mwposse wrote:
PantherCult wrote:I have to say that I never felt in control of that match until that last attack.

Damn it! You even outdid me in the end of the game speech! :twisted: :wink:

He is a sassy little word smith. :wink:
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”