PFHL Playoff Discussion Thread

greenandgold
Site Admin

PFHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Postby greenandgold » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:35 am

Quick setup tonight - I may not get to updating free agents and feat purchases in the rosters, but will post them somewhere.
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Re: PFHL Playoff Discussion Thread

Postby Hero_of_angels » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 am

So MW and I play twice? And if we split, we play another for best 2 out of 3? Could make things interesting...
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Hero_of_angels wrote:So MW and I play twice? And if we split, we play another for best 2 out of 3? Could make things interesting...

No thanks. 1 loss will be quite enough. :wink:
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:08 pm

Argh! Foiled again by drinking and posting. :)
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:44 am

woo-hoo! PC and Aqua are beating the carp out of eachother! Go Low Gravity scenario!
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:47 am

Quick! Someone make a triple entendre about Shazam!'s sister! That'll goad him out of hidding for sure... Where is Hero when you need him?

EDIT:

Hero: I'd double stuff her oreo in some milk.

Batman: :|

Hero: mmm, mmm, Crunch! Come on you know what I'm saying.

Shazam! : :evil: ... oh but here is a picture of her to further confuse you.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:40 am

I bet Shazam is busy with his surgery trying to make himself look more like his sister.

You know to help further his plan to bed HoA.
badger

Postby badger » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:38 pm

Batman1983 wrote:Quick! Someone make a triple entendre about Shazam!'s sister! That'll goad him out of hidding for sure... Where is Hero when you need him?

EDIT:

Hero: I'd double stuff her oreo in some milk.

Batman: :|

Hero: mmm, mmm, Crunch! Come on you know what I'm saying.

Shazam! : :evil: ... oh but here is a picture of her to further confuse you.

too true Bats too true :D
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:23 pm

quick question...does EW not work with TPMaA? I saw it in PC's match and didn't want to clutter their thread with a dumb question.
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Postby Hero_of_angels » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:47 pm

To be fair, I don't make that many comments like that, I just find her beautiful, is that so wrong?

I can't help it my luck at love seems to be worse than the luck of Two Face's coin.
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:34 pm

Impulse-ive wrote:quick question...does EW not work with TPMaA? I saw it in PC's match and didn't want to clutter their thread with a dumb question.

It does not. the "Move and Attack" power granted to transporters allows for a free Close Combat Attack. Exploit Weakness requires a Close Combat Action. The basic rule of thumb is that if it's not allowed with HSS then it's not allowed with Move and Attack.

Believe me, I wish it weren't so. There's a reason Aquajock was hanging too far away for me to charge.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:15 pm

Ah yes PC, there was a reason, but you neutered him anyways with a good hit.

And although I may be geting som high rolls now, they are surely not going to say and you have only missed 1 attack with your meager rolls, so a hits a hit :lol:
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:27 pm

Aquajock wrote:And although I may be geting som high rolls now, they are surely not going to say and you have only missed 1 attack with your meager rolls, so a hits a hit :lol:

Only because of Prob Control sir, only because of Prob.... otherwise I'd be like one for 4 right now..

And, sure, I'm whining a bit.... but, since you didn't pack any reroll with you... let's imagine that you had the same rolls as me... a 5 to miss with Citizen V on Merlyn, then a 3 with Mon-El and a 4 for the follow up with Citizen V and a 7 with Manticore... How different would the game be now :D

But you're absolutely right.... at the end of the day we've each only missed a single attack - you're attacks have just been better - not to mention more frequent - than mine :P

And, at least we're having a game that all of the spectators can enjoy as a match worthy of the Playground Postseason...
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:00 pm

And a hearty congratulations needs to go out to our first Captain to make it to the quarterfinals... the Final 4... a very nice win for Boy Mullet.... Apparently King Hyperion loves that scenario.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:28 pm

so, it looks like Shazam!'s quick "I'm not dead yet" post may have created a real problem for the post-season here...

If he doesn't show and a sub captain is found - it messes with the seedings and either creates delay or a serious time crunch for finishing.

But, the alternative would be even worse, if Badger gets a bye or forfeit... That result totally unbalances the post season brackets... Badger would be faced with losing no figures - potentially not even having them tokened for future rounds? As a competitor in this I think the idea of a bye would stink - especially for the two guys that finished the season seeded higher but were forced to play a match and lose figures.

I don't envy the commissioner with this. Had Shazam! not come back for that single message then G&G would have slotted KalEl88 in as the 8 seed and we would have progressed from there. Now we have a giant mess.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:42 pm

I can fill-in. I'm a playoff caliber captain, all be it a losing one, but i can take the reigns until he gets back.
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:44 pm

PantherCult wrote:so, it looks like Shazam!'s quick "I'm not dead yet" post may have created a real problem for the post-season here...

If he doesn't show and a sub captain is found - it messes with the seedings and either creates delay or a serious time crunch for finishing.

But, the alternative would be even worse, if Badger gets a bye or forfeit... That result totally unbalances the post season brackets... Badger would be faced with losing no figures - potentially not even having them tokened for future rounds? As a competitor in this I think the idea of a bye would stink - especially for the two guys that finished the season seeded higher but were forced to play a match and lose figures.

I don't envy the commissioner with this. Had Shazam! not come back for that single message then G&G would have slotted KalEl88 in as the 8 seed and we would have progressed from there. Now we have a giant mess.

What about letting Kalel step in and let him decide if he wants to use Shazam's team or his own?
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:46 pm

Impulse-ive wrote:I can fill-in. I'm a playoff caliber captain, all be it a losing one, but i can take the reigns until he gets back.

I didn't see this before I posted the above comment. No disrespect was intended. I was just thinking that since Kal El would have been the one to get in, we should give him a crack at it.
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:03 pm

mwposse wrote:
Impulse-ive wrote:I can fill-in. I'm a playoff caliber captain, all be it a losing one, but i can take the reigns until he gets back.

I didn't see this before I posted the above comment. No disrespect was intended. I was just thinking that since Kal El would have been the one to get in, we should give him a crack at it.

I took no offense. :)
badger

Postby badger » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:41 pm

I'm cool whichever way....but I leave early tommorow and will be hardly if ever on thru tuesday (that's why I've been aggresively on trying to wind this thing up 8)

I like the Idea of a dust up with Kal-el if he's up to it ---but I reckon he should use his team and see how it flies
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”