PFHL Round 10 Rules

greenandgold
Site Admin

PFHL Round 10 Rules

Postby greenandgold » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:33 am

And here we have something a little more straight laced to chew as you guys get one last chance to improve your playoff position.

Time to go shopping… for blood! And greeting cards! And fruitcakes! But some strange things happened on the way to the mall... strange weather conditions, radiation poisoning, poor teamwork...

ROUND 10 SCENARIO: No Ordinary Day, 400 points
MAP: Astro City Mall (Marvel 1 – Indoor Map)

LAST DAY FOR PLAY IS THURSDAY, MARCH 20TH!

SCENARIO RULES:

1. For this match, each captain will choose one Battlefield Condition, to be included with the team to be approved. This Battlefield Condition cannot be changed. The Battlefield Condition “Ordinary Day” may not be used.

2. Both captains roll initiative. The low roller places his team and two light objects and one heavy object. The high roller then places his team, two heavy objects, and one light object. High roller goes first.

3. Teams must set up or the top or bottom of the map. No figure may start the game inside the mall.

4. The Captain that has the most Victory Points after 10 rounds wins. If both Captains are tied after 10 rounds, continue play for full rounds until one Captain has more VPs than the other.

CASH REWARDS:

In addition to $3 given to each player that finishes the match and $3 to the winner, each captain is rewarded with $1 for each 100 points of his team build inside the mall by the end of the match (rounding up to the nearest 100).
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
Aquajock

Re: PFHL Round 10 Rules

Postby Aquajock » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:58 am

I'm guessing the BFC's from Crisis are not legal. But everything from M&M and back is??
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:58 am

And would theme teams get the option to cancel a BFC if they wanted??
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:28 pm

Aquajock wrote:I'm guessing the BFC's from Crisis are not legal. But everything from M&M and back is??

Correct.
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:28 pm

Aquajock wrote:And would theme teams get the option to cancel a BFC if they wanted??

Correct again.

ImageImage
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Are we using the 2/20/08 changes to Theme rules. So now if a theme team chooses to cancel a BFC, it is cancelled for both teams?
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
spartan67

Postby spartan67 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:30 pm

Being new to this I am not sure as the answer to this question: When you purchase a feat, can you place it on more than one member of your team assuming you include it in the cost of your army?
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:46 pm

spartan67 wrote:Being new to this I am not sure as the answer to this question: When you purchase a feat, can you place it on more than one member of your team assuming you include it in the cost of your army?

In this league, it can go on only 1 guy (unless its a feat that specifically says you can use it on multiple characters like FFATA or Thunderbolts). Also each character can only have 1 feat total.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Shazam! wrote:Are we using the 2/20/08 changes to Theme rules. So now if a theme team chooses to cancel a BFC, it is cancelled for both teams?

Normally we wouldn't use new rule changes, but the 2/20/08 ruling is how it is actually written in the rule book and how it should have been ruled in the first place. So in this case, it will be cancelled for both teams.

ImageImage
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:32 am

Is it just me or does not drafting a theme team seem pointless now? any scenario with BCFs is just now an additional advantage for the theme teams.
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Since it's a canceling and not an ignoring of the BFC it's not that huge of an advantage.

And isn't this the first game this season that BFC's have been used?
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:45 pm

it is the first game of this season - a good reason not to have many then - remember this is a limited pool we're dealing with - along with the PC benefits - you get a benefit that is much harder to plan around - I'm just saying that what seems like a variety game - not becomes potentially more one sided - a WCing mystic team that shares a keyword is just so much more a force.
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:14 pm

I was honestly trying to put together a decent theme team from my roster - the Defenders keyword was obviously a consideration... but the tradeoffs with some figures just wasn't worth the advantage of cancelling the other BFC - so I scrapped it.

Some theme teams are easier to put together than others, I suppsoe, which is why they've now created "generic" themes and "non-generic" themes. So a team of all Star City keywords will be more theme than a team of all Teen keywords.

When I was building teams for WWLA I was considering theme teams and finally just decided that it was better to put together a team that worked and not worry too much about whether they'd be cancelling the BFC I chose to play.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
badger

Postby badger » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:22 pm

I Dunno Theme teams don't seem to be that hard to make :wink:
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:16 pm

Yeah I'm with Badger this seems easy to me... :D
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:02 am

Batman1983 wrote:Yeah I'm with Badger this seems easy to me... :D

Doesn't seem to have helped you much this season...
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 am

Well one can't account for bad dice. Or that Batman wasn't a scientist until late in the season (and after he was traded). The later rather annoys me still.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:17 am

I'm not saying it's that hard to put together a theme team...

I could easily, and in fact did make a 400 point team all with the Keyword Defenders. My point was that after a few moments I realized that there were some teams I thought could be more effective that broke the theme, but that the improvements outweighed the ability to cancel a BFC and get a free reroll - so I chose not to go the theme route.

Basically, what I'm saying is that you shouldn't twist yourself into a pretzel to get a "theme" team if the other options you have are better actual teams. The theme benefits are not good enough to handicap yourself to get them.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Scammer

Postby Scammer » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:35 am

Hey, is a team consisting of only 1 figure considered a "theme team"? :wink:
Playground team: Magneto, Black Adam, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Black Knight, Black Bolt, Moondragon, Joker, Abbey Chase, Mister Mind, Doc Samson, Fatality, Despero, Vulture, Iceman
Map: Four Corners
badger

Postby badger » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:29 am

are we playing the 1 Theme re-roll per three figs ...or the 1 per 2.5 or whatever the new rules are ??
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”