PFHL Round 8 Rules Thread

badger

Re: PFHL Round 8 Rules Thread

Postby badger » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Can a figure Charge up the side of a building to attack ??
(ie can you change elevations in the midst of a charge attack (allowed by the L/C)

Can all figures with Charge breakaway for free and then charge ?

Can Giants on elevated Terrain attack a grounded figure 2 squares away ?

Can an elevated figure and a grounded figure who are otw right next to each other attack HtH ?
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:00 pm

badger wrote:Can a figure Charge up the side of a building to attack ??
(ie can you change elevations in the midst of a charge attack (allowed by the L/C)

NO. This was definitively answered when the rookie Beast from Mutations & Monsters was previewed. Leap/Climb is active on a move action (for changing elevation) and Charge is a power action. The one instance where they can work together is that a character with charge and leap/climb CAN charge and then attack a character that is at another elevation or in soaring.

NO. Again, leap/climb allows you to ignore figures on a move action. Charge is a power action.

This is an interesting question as leap/climb does allow for close combat at different elevations and Giants are adjacent from 2 squares away for the purposes of close combat. Therefore I believe the answer would be yes.

Can an elevated figure and a grounded figure who are otw right next to each other attack HtH ?

Yes, as per normal leap/climb rules this would be legal.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
jscotty

Postby jscotty » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:06 pm

Actually, chargers and RS pieces can use L/C during their attacks. Look at #3 on the rules for this scenario. If not, then Impulse-ive pulled a fast one on me with Hawk!
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:08 pm

Nope you're absolutely right. I missed the part about "and elevated terrain". I thought he was specifying that they got ignore hindering... but apparently per the scenario rules they can change elevation mid charge.

They still don't break away for free though - unless that's also specially outlined in the scenario rules somewhere that I overlooked.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:09 pm

I actually see things a little differently than PC. In regular clix, he is absolutely right. However, it seems that we aren't playing this particular match in the regular clix world.

"Characters with Charge and Running Shot (or special powers that grant Charge or Running Shot) ignore hindering terrain for movement and may ignore elevated terrain as if they were also moving with Leap/Climb. The restriction of cutting your movement in half while using Charge or Running Shot is not changed. "

We must be using charge and l/c at the same time otherwise charging characters would have to stop in bushes and couldn't leap over buildings. I think its the "as if they were also moving with leap climb" that makes the difference. Its not saying they are using the l/c power.

At least that's what I hope since I built my team with this in mind.
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:11 pm

PantherCult wrote:Nope you're absolutely right. I missed the part about "and elevated terrain". I thought he was specifying that they got ignore hindering... but apparently per the scenario rules they can change elevation mid charge.

They still don't break away for free though - unless that's also specially outlined in the scenario rules somewhere that I overlooked.

I'm guessing they can since they are moving "as if they were also moving with leap climb".
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:18 pm

jscotty wrote:Actually, chargers and RS pieces can use L/C during their attacks. Look at #3 on the rules for this scenario. If not, then Impulse-ive pulled a fast one on me with Hawk!

I guess a multi-paragraph response was a little unnecessary. :wink:
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:34 am

Only if you consider 3 posts necessary?

:roll:
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Batman1983 wrote:Only if you consider 3 posts necessary?

:roll:

I was actually making fun of myself for being way too wordy.
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:50 am

So was I... So. was. I.

:wink:
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:58 pm

greenandgold wrote:
Stimpy wrote:also if charge and RS can ignore hindering should HSS not do so also??
Same goes for transporter move attack?

HSS was purposely depowered when the scenario was made. It was intentional that HSS wouldn't ignore hindering. Same for transporter.

Okay, I just want to be clear about this thing - under normal circumstances a transporter with Leap/Climb on the dial can use the Move/Attack Power in conjunction with Leap/Climb - Ghost Rider from Fantastic Forces is an example.

Are you trying to state that in this scenario Transporters CAN'T use the Move/Attack ability with Leap/Climb? This would be a special rule for this scenario that changes the regular hero clix rules - and it just became relevant in my match so I wan't to double check.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
RobEng

Postby RobEng » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:52 am

A couple of map questions:

Is the fencing on this board blocking terrain?

Does the mound of dirt in the B-D rows provide hindering terrain or is it just elevated?
Make Heroclix trades with me at http://www.miniaturetrading.com/user/robeng.
badger

Postby badger » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:51 am

fencing is hindering to pass thru or for los

the dirt mound is elevated ht
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:23 am

Shazam! wrote:We use the first-turn immunity rule in PFHL don't we?

You are really asking this question after playing for how many years? :shock:
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:33 am

badger wrote:Can a figure Charge up the side of a building to attack ??

PC - This is slightly different than M&M Beast. Like Beast, figures with Charge now have both Charge and L/C on the dial. Unlike M&M Beast, the scenario not only give L/c, but also amps up Charge. In the case of Charge and RS, the scenario specific rule allow for very limited combining of Charge and L/C to allow A) ignoring of hindering and B) ignore elevated terrain (and the ability to change elevations).

3. Characters with Charge and Running Shot (or special powers that grant Charge or Running Shot) ignore hindering terrain for movement and may ignore elevated terrain as if they were also moving with Leap/Climb. The restriction of cutting your movement in half while using Charge or Running Shot is not changed.

1. Absolutely a non-flying figure can charge up the side of a building.

2. No free breakaway with Charge and RS.

3. Yes. Like PC explained it.

4. Not sure what otw is, but an elevated figure and a grounded figure can attack each other HtH as per standard L/C rules.
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:34 am

PantherCult wrote:Nope you're absolutely right. I missed the part about "and elevated terrain". I thought he was specifying that they got ignore hindering... but apparently per the scenario rules they can change elevation mid charge.

I need to read everything in the thread I guess. Looks like you guys got it right!

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:35 am

mwposse wrote:

I'm guessing they can since they are moving "as if they were also moving with leap climb".

The "as if" is specifically for hindering terrain and changes in elevation.

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:36 am

badger wrote:fencing is hindering to pass thru or for los

the dirt mound is elevated ht

Correct as per the map FAQ.

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:38 am

PantherCult wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Stimpy wrote:also if charge and RS can ignore hindering should HSS not do so also??
Same goes for transporter move attack?

HSS was purposely depowered when the scenario was made. It was intentional that HSS wouldn't ignore hindering. Same for transporter.

Okay, I just want to be clear about this thing - under normal circumstances a transporter with Leap/Climb on the dial can use the Move/Attack Power in conjunction with Leap/Climb - Ghost Rider from Fantastic Forces is an example.

Are you trying to state that in this scenario Transporters CAN'T use the Move/Attack ability with Leap/Climb? This would be a special rule for this scenario that changes the regular hero clix rules - and it just became relevant in my match so I wan't to double check.

Due to the Ghost Rider and Spidey Transport figures already having the L/C, transporter combo, I'd better back up here and just follow the regular Heroclix rules on this.

Sorry about any confusion here. It totally slipped my mind somehow even though I used Transporter Spidey last year all the time. :shock:

ImageImage
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:33 pm

With the KC team ability, do you still have to roll to become adjacent or because veryone has L/C they don't need too??

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”