PFHL Round 8 Discussion Thread

greenandgold
Site Admin

PFHL Round 8 Discussion Thread

Postby greenandgold » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:02 pm

It's spoiler week as we enter the final push for the playoffs. Not a lot of matchups between contenders, but plenty of chances to play the role of the spoiler and make an impact on who get in.
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Re: PFHL Round 8 Discussion Thread

Postby greenandgold » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Let's get some discussion going on who is getting the playoffs and who the odds on favorite to win it all this year.
Justice League: Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkgirl, The Question,Steel,Red TornadoRed ArrowGreen Arrow

ImageImage
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Best odds of making playoffs:

1. Badger - even if he hasn't gone with Superman Abuse, he could, or wildcard abuse, or F4 ATA abuse, or keyword abuse, or Cuckoo abuse. If not, then you just face the usual 'Badger-abuse.'

2. HOA - I'm doing the stats and know for a fact that HOA's sold his soul for a year long run of good dice. His 88% hit percentage is 10 points higher than anyone else in the league. And he's doing it without a probability controller? Who's gonna beat that?

3. Shazam! - 5 figures with PC on their dial + ICWO + Contingency Plan + a new elusive contingency planner should mean no more 3 of 9 shooting losses.

4. Aquajock - consistently winning with a team with a core of some really heavy hitters.

5. M&M - worst record of those on my list, but one of the best teams top to bottom. Thank good they traded away Stardust!:
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
badger

Postby badger » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Badger Abuse ?!? Badger Abuse !!!! Badger Abuse !?!

Someone's abusing Badgers ??!?!! -- Don't make us go all ugly on ya now !!!

Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:18 pm

Man I'm gonna be a little sad if the zombie scenario doesn't show it's ugly face. I think even though i had to face off against Icons supes last year it was by far my favorite one.
badger

Postby badger » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:19 pm

I don't think I ever played it ... plus there Capture the flag still out there....
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:30 pm

I thougthi hada shot at the playoffs but not roll a 5 being able to KO Supes or Nightwing cost me big time. Not to mention Aquajock hitting the 10 he needed to have Ares drop the spear. Those roll all but ended my season. As soon as Lance gets his bad dice back i'll take over 1st in our division. :mrgreen:
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
badger

Postby badger » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:09 pm

agreed I was just thinking this AM the three unlikely dodges by Nightwing in game 1 really set up my run to 7-0
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:07 pm

badger wrote:agreed I was just thinking this AM the three unlikely dodges by Nightwing in game 1 really set up my run to 7-0

Whereas I am sure to end that run...

:roll:
badger

Postby badger » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:24 pm

Surely my friend -- anything's possible and you have a great squad !

if at all possible lets get the early stages taken care of fast before I'm out of the country.

My team is in so feel free to post yours whenever you are ready.....
Lancelot
Site Admin

Postby Lancelot » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:12 am

Shazam! wrote:Best odds of making playoffs:

1. Badger - even if he hasn't gone with Superman Abuse, he could, or wildcard abuse, or F4 ATA abuse, or keyword abuse, or Cuckoo abuse. If not, then you just face the usual 'Badger-abuse.'

2. HOA - I'm doing the stats and know for a fact that HOA's sold his soul for a year long run of good dice. His 88% hit percentage is 10 points higher than anyone else in the league. And he's doing it without a probability controller? Who's gonna beat that?

3. Shazam! - 5 figures with PC on their dial + ICWO + Contingency Plan + a new elusive contingency planner should mean no more 3 of 9 shooting losses.

4. Aquajock - consistently winning with a team with a core of some really heavy hitters.

5. M&M - worst record of those on my list, but one of the best teams top to bottom. Thank good they traded away Stardust!

And no mention of my division leading team? Oh, the insult.
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:05 am

After round 6 here were the top 8:

Badger 6
Hero 6
Shazam 6 (garaunteed at least a WC)
AJ 5-1
RJ 5-1 (garaunteed at least a WC)
Lance 4-2
Scammer 3-3
MW 4-2 (current favorite for 3rd WC)

IMP 3-3
Rob 3-3
Yendi 3-3
M&M 3-3

Mathmatically eliminated Jscotty (and perhaps a couple of us 1-5 by virtue of schedule)

Now:
Badger 7
Hero 7
Shazam 6-1 (garaunteed at least a WC)
AJ 6-1
RJ 5-2 (garaunteed at least a WC)
Lance 4-3
M&M 4-3
MW 4-3 (current favorite for 3rd WC)

IMP 4-3 (Imp might have more VPs than MW I still think Lance is winning the Div)
Rob 3-4
Yendi 3-4 (was this the team K2 was manning?)
Scammer 3-4
PC 3-4

and at least clix and I join the mathmatically eliminated. Technically anybody with 5 losses or less is still in it... depending on the schedule. However the third Wildcard is likely Imp/lance unless they both fall apart and M&M/Scam or M&M/Stimp win all the remaining games. Had I scored a win M&M could be in danger, but will likely get the win (or wins) to seal the division.

I could also be wrong about RJ, but I don't see him going 0-3 and a 1-2 even should seal him in, but i don't have the time to plug it all into a spread. So 2 divisions and 1 WC spot are rather up for grabs (even though 4 of the 5 Div are close), but its really only Imp/Lance that will likely take it to the wire (if they both keep winning).

1. Badger
Hero
AJ
M&M <-- largely dependant on if they can go 3-0
Lance/Imp <-- largely dependant on if they can go 3-0
Shaz <--- outside to punk Hero again/ both in and at 2/6 unless Badger folds
RJ <--- could catch/pass AJ, but is in IMO
8. Imp/Lance/Scam
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:09 am

Pretty nice analysis Bats. Hard to argue that.

Which Cheetah is Cheetah II? The one on Clixhunter's team.

ImageImage
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:13 am

Can someone Chime in on our match. Do you lose teh CP tokens when leadership is outwited?
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Postby Hero_of_angels » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:35 am

It's on the bottom of the card: When the character loses Leadership or Mastermind, remove all contingency tokens from this card.

Outwit would take them out.
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Hero_of_angels wrote:It's on the bottom of the card: When the character loses Leadership or Mastermind, remove all contingency tokens from this card.

Actually, I don't think that's correct. The problem is that when a character is the target of outwit the power is not LOST it is countered. I believe the official ruling on CP is that if Leadership or Mastermind is Countered by outwit - then the character can't increase values because, however the power isn't lost, so the tokens stay on the card until the character is knocked off the prerequisite power. You can't add new tokens to the card though while the power is countered.

I'll double check, but I think that's how it has been ruled.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Postby Hero_of_angels » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Has anyone seen Stimpy? Thought I caught him on one day, but have yet to get anything from him.
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?
Scammer

Postby Scammer » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:33 pm

greenandgold wrote:Pretty nice analysis Bats. Hard to argue that.

Which Cheetah is Cheetah II? The one on Clixhunter's team.

I've got the Icons one. He's got the Cosmic Justice ones.
Playground team: Magneto, Black Adam, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Black Knight, Black Bolt, Moondragon, Joker, Abbey Chase, Mister Mind, Doc Samson, Fatality, Despero, Vulture, Iceman
Map: Four Corners
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Help! I think I've broken my thread! I can't post a dice roll. Heck, now I can't post anything, the page appears to be truncated.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:15 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Hero_of_angels wrote:It's on the bottom of the card: When the character loses Leadership or Mastermind, remove all contingency tokens from this card.

Actually, I don't think that's correct. The problem is that when a character is the target of outwit the power is not LOST it is countered. I believe the official ruling on CP is that if Leadership or Mastermind is Countered by outwit - then the character can't increase values because, however the power isn't lost, so the tokens stay on the card until the character is knocked off the prerequisite power. You can't add new tokens to the card though while the power is countered.

I'll double check, but I think that's how it has been ruled.

double check but we ruled on this in wk 3... with Shaz and I.

on an MC power is there no turn off to remove tokens... on an outwit the tokens are gone.
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”