PFHL Round 5 Rules Thread

greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:07 pm

jscotty wrote:Reading Impy/AJ's game brings up an interesting question. Do points matter in this game?? Winner is given to Spear possession, but are VPs calculated?

The win is based on Spear possession, but VPs are always calculated.

Using hindsight, there should be a large VP bonus for controlling the Spear or maybe a set victory of say 600-200 regardless of KO's. Live and learn. :wink:
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 pm

The character that found the Spear now carries it. That character will drop it if he takes any clicks of damage. The Spear drops in an adjacent square of the player who caused the damage’s choice.

When you say the spear drops in an adjacent square, do you mean adjacent to the character who was holding the spear or adjacent to the figure causing the damage?

When I first read it I thought it was the latter. But reading it today i'm thinking the former (adjacent to the person who was holding it).
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:27 am

Shazam, for stats purposes when you double target(or triple in some cases) someone and hit both does that count as one attack and successful hit or two successful hits?
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:29 am

1 attack, 1 hit.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:12 am

Jason Potapoff wrote:
The character that found the Spear now carries it. That character will drop it if he takes any clicks of damage. The Spear drops in an adjacent square of the player who caused the damage’s choice.

When you say the spear drops in an adjacent square, do you mean adjacent to the character who was holding the spear or adjacent to the figure causing the damage?

When I first read it I thought it was the latter. But reading it today i'm thinking the former (adjacent to the person who was holding it).

Adjacent to the person holding the spear.

And is this where I bring up the goofy ruling that you aren't adjacent to the square you occupy? :shock:
badger

Postby badger » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:44 pm

when you cause damage and create a spear drop --- can the adjacent spot be the spot where the fig who caused the damage is standing ???
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:53 pm

badger wrote:when you cause damage and create a spear drop --- can the adjacent spot be the spot where the fig who caused the damage is standing ???

I believe the answer to this should be yes - since there is nothing in the rules stating that the spear has to drop in an unoccupied square, just an adjacent square.

If the spear is dropped in the square a character occupies, that character still has to stop when they pick up the spear.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:42 am

PC has it right on.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:06 pm

Can a pushed character, who is already adjacent to a dropped Spear, grab the Spear since according to the scenario rules he wouldn't get tokened for it?
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:37 am

Yes. Looking at rule 4, picking up the spear is like a free action but it ends any other thing thing you were currently doing.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Damn Gargoyle for making his breakaway roll then. Had he missed that (twice) and Songbird rolled 10+ I would have stole the game on the last turn...
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:14 pm

Jason Potapoff wrote:Damn Gargoyle for making his breakaway roll then. Had he missed that (twice) and Songbird rolled 10+ I would have stole the game on the last turn...

All I can say is thank [your deity of choice] for Prob Control. Gargoyle doesn't get any stats for rerolling the 1 to a 5, but it was the free action that iced the win.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”