PFHL Round 5 Rules Thread

greenandgold
Site Admin

PFHL Round 5 Rules Thread

Postby greenandgold » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:17 pm

Last Day for play is December 23rd!

Just another picnic at the park for the Outsiders… a Picnic of Pain! That’s because someone threw the Spear of Destiny in the pond, and it’s making one of the teams eeee-vil (doesn’t matter which). Now the teams are fighting each other to try to retrieve the Spear from the bottom of the pond before ALL HOPE IS LOST!

ROUND 5 SCENARIO: Splish-Splash, 400 points, 4 Actions
MAP: Bucky Memorial Park (Marvel 3 – Outdoor Map)

SCENARIO RULES:

1. Both captains roll for initiative. The high roller may choose the map edge to deploy on or may pass the choice to the low roller. Whoever deploys second moves first. High roller places 2 heavy objects and 1 light object. Low roller places two light objects and one heavy.

2. Any character located in a square that’s part of the pond can use an action to search for the Spear. Roll one die to see if you found it.

1 – can’t find it and you swallowed some water! Take one click of damage.
2–4 – can’t find it!
5–6 – found it!

Damage taken during the search is reduced as normal by damage reducing powers (unless your character is Bruce Willis ;)). Characters with the Aquatic movement symbol may add +1 to their Search Roll.

3. The character that found the Spear now carries it. That character will drop it if he takes any clicks of damage. The Spear drops in an adjacent square of the player who caused the damage’s choice.

4. A character may pick up the Spear by moving to an adjacent square. The character must stop to pick up the Spear. A character may not move to pick up the spear and make an attack with the same action. If a character begins his turn in an adjacent square, that character may choose to pick up the Spear rather than move or attack, but does not take an action token.

5. Characters may not transfer the Spear to other teammates.

6. The team that possesses the Spear after 10 rounds wins. If no team possesses the Spear after 10 rounds, keep playing until a character possesses the Spear after the course of a full round.
Merin

Postby Merin » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:28 pm

1st!! :lol:

1 - Can you PC the search roll?

2 - Can you Mastermind away the drowning damage?
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:33 pm

Can Namor please get a +1 to the Search Roll even though he has the wing symbol rather than the dolphin symbol? Namor's the king of the freakin' seas after all.... :shock:
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:44 pm

You forgot to add in the rule that those with water in there name automatically get +1 to their rolls, anyway, seems like a good scenario and sounds like fun.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:18 pm

Merin wrote:1st!! :lol:

1 - Can you PC the search roll?

2 - Can you Mastermind away the drowning damage?

1 - Yes, if your PC'er has LOS to the character making the roll.

2 - No, since it's not from an attack.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:21 pm

PantherCult wrote:Can Namor please get a +1 to the Search Roll even though he has the wing symbol rather than the dolphin symbol? Namor's the king of the freakin' seas after all.... :shock:

I'll allow that if Jason agrees.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:23 pm

greenandgold wrote:
PantherCult wrote:Can Namor please get a +1 to the Search Roll even though he has the wing symbol rather than the dolphin symbol? Namor's the king of the freakin' seas after all.... :shock:

I'll allow that if Jason agrees.

Nah... I was just busting your chops. I won't even ask.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:46 pm

Just want to clarify as I don't see it addressed in the Scenario Description.

Can a character possessing the spear of Destiny be carried?
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
badger

Postby badger » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:21 pm

and can they be MCed to drop the spear ??

In fact can they drop the spear ??

Can they attack while holding the spear ?
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:04 pm

badger wrote:Can they attack while holding the spear ?

I'm going to infer from the following that they can:

A character may not move to pick up the spear and make an attack with the same action.

It does appear that picking up the spear and making an attack are legal if they are separate actions... at least let's hope. Nothing like having a member of your team that's unable to attack at all.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:40 pm

PantherCult wrote:Just want to clarify as I don't see it addressed in the Scenario Description.

Treat it like an object. So, no carrying a character with the Spear.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:41 pm

badger wrote:and can they be MCed to drop the spear ??

In fact can they drop the spear ??

Can they attack while holding the spear ?

Since we are treating it like and object and the rules also state that you can't transfer the spear to another character, no dropping or being MC'd to drop.

Yes, you can attack while holding the spear.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:14 pm

greenandgold wrote:
PantherCult wrote:Just want to clarify as I don't see it addressed in the Scenario Description.

Treat it like an object. So, no carrying a character with the Spear.

Ouch.... wish I had known that ahead of time.... would have run with a different line up. Oh well.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:23 pm

Couple of questions;

Since you drop the spear on damage, does that include pushing damage or damage recieved from attack a mystic, or what about crit miss damage?

Since the spear is treated as an object that a fig carrying the spear cannot be carried, when it is on the ground does it act as hindering terrain for LOS purposes.
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Aquajock wrote:Since the spear is treated as an object that a fig carrying the spear cannot be carried, when it is on the ground does it act as hindering terrain for LOS purposes.

I will be shocked, shocked I say, if Greenandgold says that a character can hide behind a spear. Wizkids may be logically challenged, but not Greenandgold.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:06 pm

Well it's obviously heavy enough that someone holding it is much more weight or that it is so bulky that a flier can no longer carry them.. so just curious,
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:11 pm

Maybe it's a really, really, really wide spear??? :o
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:28 pm

Q: If a character holding the spear is hit, but masterminds away the damage, does he drop the spear?
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:38 pm

Shazam! wrote:Q: If a character holding the spear is hit, but masterminds away the damage, does he drop the spear?

I know you know the answer to this already but:

That character will drop it if he takes any clicks of damage.

The character with Mastermind is not taking ay clicks of damage, he is forcing a teammate to take the damage instead. Since the character did not take damage he does not drop the spear.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:43 pm

That's what I was afraid of. The Leader is going to be a beast in this scenario. I may have to kill every last one of the Ch'p defended GL tank to get The Leader to drop the spear now.

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”