PFHL Round 5 Discussion

Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:55 am

Batman1983 wrote:Rule 1: Shazam! is not allowed to question, argue, or speak.

Am I still allowed to post pictures?

THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
Lancelot
Site Admin

Postby Lancelot » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:03 pm

Hero_of_angels wrote:
Shazam! wrote:Anything I've said in this thread - nevermind. :oops:

I think it was in regards to him wanting a date with a pregnant woman.

What?!

Alba's pregnant?!

Jesus...so's Jamie Lynn Spears.

I'm seriously turning off the tv for my kids. WTF is going on?
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Spears sister... ewwww. Is she even 18? Please tell me shes at least 18.
Lancelot
Site Admin

Postby Lancelot » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:33 pm

Batman1983 wrote:Spears sister... ewwww. Is she even 18? Please tell me shes at least 18.

A mere 16.

Only 16.

16!
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:30 pm

"Sheeee was only 16, only 16.... and I loved her sooo-oooo,
but she was too young,
to fall in love,
and I was too young to know.

She'd laugh and she'd sing,
and do the little things,
to make my heart glooo-ooow
but she was too young
to fall in love
and I was too young to know"

good old Sam Cooke
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:36 pm

Lancelot wrote:
Batman1983 wrote:Spears sister... ewwww. Is she even 18? Please tell me shes at least 18.

A mere 16.

Only 16.

16!

hopefully its not Kevins.
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:45 pm

Whoever the father is, he must be more of a Ringo Starr fan than a Sam Cooke fan -

You're all ribbons and curls, ooh, what a girl
Eyes that sparkle and shine
You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine

You're my baby, you're my pet
We fell in love on the night we met
You touched my hand, my heart went pop
Ooh, when we kissed I could not stop

- and he didn't stop.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:02 pm

Its the cuddling shes getting in the media... SHES 16 and UNWED!!! Where did we start saying this was ok. Does it not even phase anyone that she is totally un appologetic about having sex at her age? Does it not follow that she probably has been for some time... arrrr! If I have a daughter she will be homeschooled.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:03 pm

Gotta love the Spears sisters... providing parents object lessons to their children on exactly why they should stay in school and heed their parents advice... who wants to end up like Britney or Jamie Lynn?

So, on a less depressing note..

It looks like this round all of the 4-0 teams progressed to 5-0. And so it begs the question... (just like the NFL this season) can any team go undefeated? As Shazam! gets to play both Badger and H_o_A, it's impossible for all 3 teams to go undefeated. Since Badger and and Hero don't play in the regular season - potentially they could both go 10-0.

So, does anybody think we'll have an undefeated team this year? Which squad has the best chance?

Hero looks to have the softest overall schedule with his remaining opponents (PC - 1-3; Clixhunter 0-4; Stimpy 1-3; mwposse 2-2; shazam! 4-0) having only a combined winning percentage of .400.

Shazam!'s schedule is tougher (RobEng 3-1; Impulse-ive 2-2; Scammer 2-2; Badger 4-0; HoA 4-0) , for a combined opponent winning percentage of .750

Badger sits just between them (jscotty 0-4; rjcarpenter 3-1; jason potapoff 1-3; HoA 4-0; mwposse 2-2) at a .500 opponent winning percentage the rest of the way.

Unless Hero stumbles against some lesser performing squads, all games in which he'll be favored, he should have a realistic shot at heading into the finale with Shazam! at 9-0.

Of course, since Hero_of_Angels plays me next round, the point will be moot for him :lol:

Of course.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:06 pm

anyone remind me of the results from round 1 - I think i have my matrix from last year.
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:13 pm

Are you looking for the results of the round 1 matches or more than that?

I can give you the results:

Badger def. Impulse-ive
Mwposse def. Clixhunter
KalEl88 def Jason Potapoff
Lancelot def Spideysean
rjcarpenter def Batman1983
Aquajock def BoyMullet/Merin
RobEng def Scammer
Stimpy def PantherCult
Shazam! def Diceshooter
Hero_of_Angels def Jscotty
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:15 pm

ahhh excel file here i come.

Thanks PC.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:26 pm

Still a few matches that can't be predicted at this time as captains continue to search in vain for the spear they can't find.

And, with the nature of this scenario - even the games in which the spear has been found the outcome is unpredictable. Teams only need to get one lucky shot on the spear holder and then make it close enough to grab the spear themselves to swing everything. With victory points meaning nothing towards win/loss drama remains until the final turn in many cases.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
badger

Postby badger » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:44 pm

True like what just happened in J. Scotty/Stimpy ---
When Hank McCoy comes up with the SPEAR in the 7th !

Is Scotty coming out of his cellar-dwelling slump ?!?

By the way all another big win for J. Scotty -- He was just cast as "Tony" in ...
SPIDERMAN 4 - THE MUSICAL !

come check it out in the smackdown ! 8)
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
Scammer

Postby Scammer » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:55 pm

greenandgold wrote:Looks like all the games are in danger of getting completed this week. Nice work!

And you'll all be happy to know that I have been taking a look at next weeks scenario ahead of time so hopefully we'll avoid any confusion.

Plus, I plan on giving the rules an overhaul during the offseason. I'm thinking they need it. :wink:

Good thing, too. Isn't the site down for maintenance from the 22nd through the 27th????
Playground team: Magneto, Black Adam, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Black Knight, Black Bolt, Moondragon, Joker, Abbey Chase, Mister Mind, Doc Samson, Fatality, Despero, Vulture, Iceman
Map: Four Corners
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:03 pm

badger wrote:True like what just happened in J. Scotty/Stimpy ---
When Hank McCoy comes up with the SPEAR in the 7th !

Is Scotty coming out of his cellar-dwelling slump ?!?

You need to check that again... Hank McCoy is currently holding the spear for my team. Hank Pym is the guy who dove deep over there.

But, Pym has to survive the inevitable Dr. Doom shot headed his way - grabbing the spear is one thing... keeping it is another altogether.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Scammer wrote:
greenandgold wrote:Looks like all the games are in danger of getting completed this week. Nice work!

And you'll all be happy to know that I have been taking a look at next weeks scenario ahead of time so hopefully we'll avoid any confusion.

Plus, I plan on giving the rules an overhaul during the offseason. I'm thinking they need it. :wink:

Good thing, too. Isn't the site down for maintenance from the 22nd through the 27th????

Yeah and thats a strict deadline too, I only have access to the server guy a certain time... that and the woman is away for two days.... aka boxers, booze, laptop, and the pron on the big screen while I work away at this upgrade.
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:54 pm

badger wrote:SPIDERMAN 4 - THE MUSICAL !

come check it out in the smackdown ! 8)

I did and now I can't get the damn Captain America song out of my head! :shock:
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:56 pm

rjcarpenter wrote: and the pron on the big screen while I work away at this upgrade.

You misspelled that. It's supposed to be "pr0n." 8)
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Postby Hero_of_angels » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 pm

For future PFHL instances, I request "World's Finest" not be legal. Just no.
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”