Playground Fantasy Heroclix League Rules

PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:11 pm

So, per the rules thread:

Purchases are made after matches are concluded. Each captain may only purchase one Feat per round.

Does this mean that no one will be able to purchase feats prior to the first match with the Draft Cash they earned?
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:07 pm

Hero_of_angels wrote:With LE's legal, would the Spidey and Batman promo's that were released before the game was launched count?

I applaud the effort, but no. Only figures that were at some time legal are eligible.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:09 pm

badger wrote:How do feats work with the multiple characters like Apes, Trip, and Maddrox.

If I buy feat once can all three use it (assuming they each pay 5 more in build cost of course) if one gets KOed but two don't is the feat gone.

If only one has the feat and she is not KOed but a different Trip is KOed is the feat gone ?

Each feat can be used by 1 figure at a time unless specified by the feat. Multiple characters gain no advantage here.

The feat is only lost if the figure assigned the feat is KOed.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:15 pm

PantherCult wrote:So, per the rules thread:

Purchases are made after matches are concluded. Each captain may only purchase one Feat per round.

Does this mean that no one will be able to purchase feats prior to the first match with the Draft Cash they earned?

Like last year, an exception is being made to allow purchases prior to the first match.
badger

Postby badger » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:00 am

Do we get to know the scenario prior to purchase ?
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Postby Hero_of_angels » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 am

greenandgold wrote:
badger wrote:How do feats work with the multiple characters like Apes, Trip, and Maddrox.

If I buy feat once can all three use it (assuming they each pay 5 more in build cost of course) if one gets KOed but two don't is the feat gone.

If only one has the feat and she is not KOed but a different Trip is KOed is the feat gone ?

Each feat can be used by 1 figure at a time unless specified by the feat. Multiple characters gain no advantage here.

The feat is only lost if the figure assigned the feat is KOed.

Technically, they're legal now in unrestricted. And they were considered legal when IC and HT hit, just not for major tournaments.
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:15 am

badger wrote:Do we get to know the scenario prior to purchase ?

Not in the past
CREATION MATRIX><XIRTAM NOITAERC
_________COAX INIR MATTER_________
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:24 pm

Hero_of_angels wrote: Technically, they're legal now in unrestricted. And they were considered legal when IC and HT hit, just not for major tournaments.

The promos have not been tourney legal for almost 5 years now. They would only be legal in sanctioned events by House Rule (just like purple rings). Without special rules allowing promos instituted by the venue these figures were not tournament legal.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Postby Hero_of_angels » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:27 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Hero_of_angels wrote: Technically, they're legal now in unrestricted. And they were considered legal when IC and HT hit, just not for major tournaments.

The promos have not been tourney legal for almost 5 years now. They would only be legal in sanctioned events by House Rule (just like purple rings). Without special rules allowing promos instituted by the venue these figures were not tournament legal.

Meh, I wasn't gonna be that specific, I was just asking for the fun of it.
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?
Merin

Postby Merin » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:53 pm

1. Objects and Perplex: I might be missing something or forgetting it, but you can't Perplex a DamV + 2 and still get the +2 from a HO? I thought Rule of 3 only applied to Perplexing / ICWO'ing.

2. Can you use Defend/JSA/Defenders to substitute a Defensive value and then add the +2 from Shellhead, or does Shellhead only work with unmodified Defensive values?

3. If a player turns off a TA, that TA stays off for the rest of the current player's round, correct, and doesn't reset until the end of the round?
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:09 pm

Merin wrote:1. Objects and Perplex: I might be missing something or forgetting it, but you can't Perplex a DamV + 2 and still get the +2 from a HO? I thought Rule of 3 only applied to Perplexing / ICWO'ing.

2. Can you use Defend/JSA/Defenders to substitute a Defensive value and then add the +2 from Shellhead, or does Shellhead only work with unmodified Defensive values?

3. If a player turns off a TA, that TA stays off for the rest of the current player's round, correct, and doesn't reset until the end of the round?

In the Legion rule book Objects now modifies your damage value when you use it in a close combat attack. Which is why the rule of 3 applies. This is also why Pounce and objects don't get along all that well with each other. (since using an object will usually put you over the maximum damage value requirement for Pounce)
Merin

Postby Merin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Still waiting on answers for:

and also - do we have to buy Feats before the scenario is revealed?
badger

Postby badger » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:03 pm

No ............................... but you can't buy them after it. :wink:

I'm waiting on the other answers as well
and a new ?

Does the character paying a token for a theme re-roll have to have LOS or/and be within 10?
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:52 pm

Merin wrote:Still waiting on answers for:

and also - do we have to buy Feats before the scenario is revealed?

2. You share the unmodified value. Then the person borrowing the DV can modify it with the +2 from Shellhead, or ESD, or CR.

3. I think you are thinking of powers, "When a power is canceled, it is canceled until the end of that turn and resumes effect at the beginning of the next player’s turn." You can flip to a TA each and every action.

And Badger answered below. Feats, if you want to, must be purchased before the game threads go up.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:55 pm

badger wrote:Does the character paying a token for a theme re-roll have to have LOS or/and be within 10?

You are using the power Probability Control, so yes the charaction using PC (and getting the action token) must have LOS and be within 10.
Merin

Postby Merin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:57 pm

greenandgold wrote:3. I think you are thinking of powers, "When a power is canceled, it is canceled until the end of that turn and resumes effect at the beginning of the next player’s turn." You can flip to a TA each and every action.

Not Wildcards. Here's an example of what I mean -

Karma MC's Batman to punch Yukio. The player controlling Batman and Yukio decides to turn off Yukio's Crossgen so that Batman doesn't take 1 click of Crossgen damage. However Crossgen now stays off for the rest of Karma's player's turn, and Yukio can be attacked with her dishing out Crossgen damage.

Another example -

Mad Hatter MC's Korvac and turns off Power Cosmic. Now Mad Hatter's player can Outwit powers on Korvac and/or Incap Korvac to take Pushing damage.

Now my understanding is this -

Example with Yukio is true. Once the player controlling a character turns off an ability, that ability stays off for that entire round.

Example with Korvac I think is true, or at least used to be true for Powers. You could MC a fig, shut off Impervious, and then go to town hitting that fig that turn.

MC turning off abilities only works with abilities that are Optional - but TA's are optional and can be turned off.

I just really wanted this clarified and to see if it has changed.
Merin

Postby Merin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:57 pm

greenandgold wrote:
badger wrote:Does the character paying a token for a theme re-roll have to have LOS or/and be within 10?

You are using the power Probability Control, so yes the charaction using PC (and getting the action token) must have LOS and be within 10.

Wow, and that makes this EVEN WORSE than CSA TA. :P
Merin

Postby Merin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:12 pm

Merin wrote:
greenandgold wrote:3. I think you are thinking of powers, "When a power is canceled, it is canceled until the end of that turn and resumes effect at the beginning of the next player’s turn." You can flip to a TA each and every action.

Not Wildcards.

. . .

MC turning off abilities only works with abilities that are Optional - but TA's are optional and can be turned off.

I just really wanted this clarified and to see if it has changed.

NM - found it on the Wizkids site.
http://forum.wizkidsgames.com/showthrea ... MC+TA+turn

Harupa confirms Galth in stating that TA's turned off (as well as powers) stay off until the end of the turn they were turned off with MC. And that (just in case anyone's forgotten) turning off Powers or TAs is NOT an action, so it can be done AND the MC'd fig can still be given an action.
So you can MC a PC TA and turn it off, then Outwit and Incap.
Or turn off a TA with MC (like Mystics or PC) and then use Dissent, so that on your opponent's next round he can no longer WC that turned off TA. :)

Another interesting MC rule -

http://forum.wizkidsgames.com/showthrea ... wc+turn+ta

If you MC a figure that is a WC, you can switch that fig's TA during the MC. Also if you MC a fig with a TA you don't have on your team, your Wildcards can WC that TA during the MC action (and will keep the TA until the end of that turn.)

Interesting.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:30 pm

Page 15 of the rulebook for those that want to read up more.
Merin

Postby Merin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:15 pm

Here's one I couldn't find in a quick search -

if you turn off a Wildcard TA while that figure is MC'd, does the whole TA stay off or just whatever TA is was copying? I'd assuming the former.

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”