PFHL Week 4 Rules Thread

Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:59 pm

Everyone has at least a range of 6 for throwing bags. Super Strength guys get an 8 range.

North/South set up helps somewhat if your opponent's HSSers Running Shooters can't fly, but otherwise probably makes it harder to shoot him across the highway if he puts my plan into effect.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:01 pm

Shazam! wrote:
Turn 1.

1 - Dr. Spectrum TKs Jack of Hearts to P9.

2 - Jack does a running shot to P5 picking up the P9 bag during his move and shoots the bag to Black Canary waiting in P2.

3 - Black Canary stashes the bag. 50 VP.

4 - Johnny Quick HSS's from I2 to I8 (picks up a bag) to I4 where he shoots the bag to Gypsy in I3.

5. Gypsy stashes the bag. 100 VP.

With another TKer or HSSer and some leadership, you could probably stash three bags before your opponent moves.

Except that was 5 actions already. No way to stash 3 bags on turn 1 with 5 actions total.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Maybe HSS shouldn't work with throwing bags since it doesn't work with throwing objects? That would be more rules consistent.

Then again, it's only 10 turns and it would be nice to have a couple of turns of attacks in there as well. :wink:
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:04 pm

greenandgold wrote:
Shazam! wrote:
With another TKer or HSSer and some leadership, you could probably stash three bags before your opponent moves.

Except that was 5 actions already. No way to stash 3 bags on turn 1 with 5 actions total.

Leadership.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
Hero_of_angels
Site Admin

Postby Hero_of_angels » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:05 pm

A few free-mover's with high speed and TK'ers might disagree with that. Plus, a "stash" weapon and a decent speed piece with TK behind it and your opponent's at a big deficit.
Last edited by Hero_of_angels on Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Does JoePa need to turn it up for you?

How good is your hearing?
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:05 pm

It occurs to me that with all the effort put in bringing the cash back to your starting area, we might not see much engagement till late game.

How about instead, all you have to do to stash a bag is get it to the starting area, no action required? Of course, I'm talking about your opponents starting area. :twisted:
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:07 pm

Shazam! wrote:
greenandgold wrote:
Shazam! wrote:

Leadership.

I'd love to see the 500 pt squad that can field Leadership, 3 HSS figures and at least 6 figures total.

I can't imagine that will be a wide spread problem. :wink:
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:08 pm

Hero_of_angels wrote:A few free-mover's with high speed and TK'ers might disagree with that. Plus, a "stash" weapon and a decent speed piece with TK behind it and you're opponent's at a big deficit.

Yeah. Plan B is don't worry about stashing bags on turn 1. Use TK/RS/HSS to grab 3, maybe 4, and shoot them back to the start, but not stash them until the start of turn 2.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:09 pm

greenandgold wrote:How about instead, all you have to do to stash a bag is get it to the starting area, no action required? Of course, I'm talking about your opponents starting area. :twisted:

I think you guys have pretty much talked me into this change. I'll mull it over a little more and be back later to start up game threads. :o
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:15 pm

greenandgold wrote:
I'd love to see the 500 pt squad that can field Leadership, 3 HSS figures and at least 6 figures total.

Just off the top of my head:

LE King Hyperion
R Johnny Quick
R Dr. Spectrum
R Lockjaw (until you say otherwise, transporter is as good as HSS)
JLA Gypsy
E Black Canary
V Nighthawk

497 points.

Damn. I've got a good roster!
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:16 pm

greenandgold wrote:I think you guys have pretty much talked me into this change.

Drat. Shoulda kept my mouth shut. :wink:
Impulse-ive

Postby Impulse-ive » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:33 pm

Shazam! wrote:
greenandgold wrote:

Just off the top of my head:

LE King Hyperion
R Johnny Quick
R Dr. Spectrum
R Lockjaw (until you say otherwise, transporter is as good as HSS)
JLA Gypsy
E Black Canary
V Nighthawk

497 points.

Damn. I've got a good roster!

Marvel boy
Nova
Superman Robot
Two-gun kid
Gambit
Emerald Empress
Spoiler
Not too bad myself.
The Incumbents: Superman, Prof. X, Storm, Nightwing, The Thing
Merin

Postby Merin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:08 pm

I could go crazy with listings too, but who needs all those figs and power if you field other abilities, say a fig with triple shot 12 range MC who uses your opponents to get the bags for you on round 2? That's 1 action that potentially snags you a net gain of 2 actions under the right conditions. :wink:

There are many nasty ways to do things for a snatch and stash scenario.
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Merin wrote:I could go crazy with listings too, but who needs all those figs and power if you field other abilities, say a fig with triple shot 12 range MC who uses your opponents to get the bags for you on round 2? That's 1 action that potentially snags you a net gain of 2 actions under the right conditions. :wink:

There are many nasty ways to do things for a snatch and stash scenario.

Because if you get triple mind controlled you on turn 2 you probably did something wrong on turn 1 and deserve to get stomped.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:07 pm

So the throwing range gets shortened from 6 & 8 to 4 & 6 and instead of stashing the cash in your own starting area, you need to either throw or carry the cash into the opponents starting area.

Good enough. Time to go post the game threads, but first I'll post the final rules here.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:10 pm

greenandgold wrote:So the throwing range gets shortened from 6 & 8 to 4 & 6 and instead of stashing the cash in your own starting area, you need to either throw or carry the cash into the opponents starting area.

Good enough. Time to go post the game threads, but first I'll post the final rules here.

Stashing the cash in the opponents starting area is a nice trick as now instead of leaving a Stasher behind in your back row you may want to leave a "goalie" behind to hinder the stashing... Kind of like a reverse capture the flag... Because there's cash involved I'm thinking this won't end up playing like the "Ignore the Flag" scenario we've grown to know and love.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:15 pm

Final Scenario Rules:

ROUND 4 SCENARIO: Death and Taxes, 500 points, 5 actions
MAP: Playground Freeway (Heroix 1 – Outdoor Map)

SCENARIO RULES:

1. Special tokens are to be placed, one each in the following locations – I9, I16, K13, M11, N14, P9, P16. These represent the bags of money valued at $3 in Playground cash. A character may pick up and hold a bag of money in the same manner as picking up an object with the exception that they do not need to have super strength to do so. (The money tokens do not act like objects for any other purposes). You may only carry one token at a time even if you have super strength. Figures with super strength may carry and object and a token. Flyers may carry a token in addition to other figures. A non-flyer holding a money token may be carried by a flyer in the normal manner.

Characters holding a bag of money may still perform all other actions as normal. The bag neither hinders nor aids them in combat.

2. The bags of money may be thrown up to 4 spaces with a ranged combat attack or action. The intent is to work with either RS or HSS. (characters with super strength may throw them 6 spaces). You need clear line-of-sight to the target space. If a character is in the target space then they are assumed to have caught the bag of money and are now holding the bag. Throwing bags, as a ranged combat attack, is not allowed when based. Bags may not be moved by 2 different figures in 1 turn (NAAT and NAATK).

3. Stashing a bag earns 50 Victory Points and $3 for the team stashing it. Stashing is done by simply moving the bag into your opponents starting area (no separate action is needed as was discussed in earlier versions). This can be done by carrying the bag into the area, TK’ing the bag or throwing the bag. The bags cannot be destroyed or removed from play by any method other than stashing them.

- If a character carrying a token is KOed the token is dropped on the space the character was in when KOed.

- Bags do not count has hindering terrain, and in no way obstruct line of sight or movement.

- Bags may be TKed as of they were objects, excepting that they cause no damage and may not be used in a TK attack.

4. Roll dice for initiative, high roller has choice to be either the taxpayer or the IRS, Low roller picks sides, sets up first and places one heavy object and two light objects and moves first. High roller places two heavy objects and one light object.

5. Each side has an arsenal of “weaponsâ€
Synic

Postby Synic » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:35 pm

The Scientist/Lawyer powers now read:

"This figure is now part of your team for all game purposes for this round only and can be given an action this turn"

Does this mean the figure disappears after one round, or what?

I'm confused!

(Which is a pretty common occurance now-a-days, so please forgive me!)
jscotty

Postby jscotty » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:38 pm

I think it means for this game you get the figure and it doesn't remain on your roster
kalel88

Postby kalel88 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:25 am

Can you do a RS, Charge or HSS action attacking an opponents fig while carrying a bag?
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick @$$ and I'm all out of bubblegum...

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”