PFHL Week 4 Rules Thread

User avatar
Batman1983
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:42 pm
Location: "Mobile."

Postby Batman1983 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:36 pm

I'd sure love to play the scenario.
User avatar
badger
Posts: 13383
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Roseville
Contact:

Postby badger » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:03 am

Know what you mean dude - at least three games are finnished and you have yet to see an opposing team :(

at least I've almost played 3 turns --- that's slow enough.
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
User avatar
greenandgold
Site Admin
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Postby greenandgold » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:43 pm

Shazam! wrote:
Jason Potapoff wrote:I wish I had been online while we were discussing balancing the scenario. Perhaps I would have pointed out how much better the list of scientists are than the Daredevil piece.


I assumed this was part of the bonus of winning initiative, getting to pick IRS with the better powers. Initiative winner ought to have a significant advantage somewhere to offset the disadvanatge of the other guy moving first.

With the change of bag stashing location, I think this scenario turned out well. It's got a good balance bewteen fighting and bag carrying. The random element of the weapon rolls don't seem lead to anything that can't be overcome.

Good job G&G.


Thanks Shazam!

It's interesting that in the first version posted, it was pretty unanimous that the taxpayer was the team to pick, and now with just some slight tweaks we've got you on record saying the IRS is the better of the two. Hopefully that means they are pretty close (wouldn't want exactly even since going first is a huge advantage).

And it looks like a 6-3 edge for picking the IRS. Not too overwhelming of an edge.
User avatar
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin
Posts: 6747
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:49 am
Location: The Oblivion Bar

Postby Jason Potapoff » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Shazam! wrote:
Jason Potapoff wrote:I wish I had been online while we were discussing balancing the scenario. Perhaps I would have pointed out how much better the list of scientists are than the Daredevil piece.


I assumed this was part of the bonus of winning initiative, getting to pick IRS with the better powers. Initiative winner ought to have a significant advantage somewhere to offset the disadvanatge of the other guy moving first.

With the change of bag stashing location, I think this scenario turned out well. It's got a good balance bewteen fighting and bag carrying. The random element of the weapon rolls don't seem lead to anything that can't be overcome.

Good job G&G.


I didn't check each scientist to see if there was a very useful figure in there since I assumed that they would be comparable to the Daredevil figs that the Taxpayers have. I didn't want to hold up the game any longer than I had to by going over yet more figures so I was banking on the discussions about balancing the two sides would have caught something like that. Plus I thought that the possibility of getting the Mystics TA would help me against the team I was facing.

I will agree that changing the bags being stashed on the opponent's side was a great change. I don't really agree on the part about the random element of the weapon rolls. I still think it leads to situations where blind luck can be a big boon to a team. If one team gets the rolls so he gets weapons that he can use at that time and the other team doesn't it seems that puts one team in a fairly large hole.
User avatar
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin
Posts: 6747
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:49 am
Location: The Oblivion Bar

Postby Jason Potapoff » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Does the forced Battle Fury weapon option mean that if the team gets the roll allowing him to do an incap can't use it at range?
User avatar
Shazam!
Posts: 2161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:08 pm

Postby Shazam! » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:39 pm

Jason Potapoff wrote: I don't really agree on the part about the random element of the weapon rolls. I still think it leads to situations where blind luck can be a big boon to a team. If one team gets the rolls so he gets weapons that he can use at that time and the other team doesn't it seems that puts one team in a fairly large hole.


I thought that was a great element of the scenario, the challenge to position your team to be able to take advantage of the potential rolls while also moving cash and fighting a battle.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
User avatar
greenandgold
Site Admin
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Postby greenandgold » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:40 pm

Jason Potapoff wrote:Does the forced Battle Fury weapon option mean that if the team gets the roll allowing him to do an incap can't use it at range?


Since the incap is a "special power" to the scenario, it doesn't get voided by the Battle Fury weapon.
User avatar
badger
Posts: 13383
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Roseville
Contact:

Postby badger » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:33 pm

Shazam! wrote:
Jason Potapoff wrote: I don't really agree on the part about the random element of the weapon rolls. I still think it leads to situations where blind luck can be a big boon to a team. If one team gets the rolls so he gets weapons that he can use at that time and the other team doesn't it seems that puts one team in a fairly large hole.


I thought that was a great element of the scenario, the challenge to position your team to be able to take advantage of the potential rolls while also moving cash and fighting a battle.


Yet again I agreee with Shazam ! I've been holding off on rolls trying to maximize potentilal figiuring the trade-offs. Tough and considered choices are what makes a strategic game strategic. .. .. and if you think hard enough ..yuo can "make your own luck!"
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
User avatar
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin
Posts: 6747
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:49 am
Location: The Oblivion Bar

Postby Jason Potapoff » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:51 am

Another question this time a map one.

Stardust is at F4. Hulk smacks him doing knockback, where does Stardust go? H2 or I1? I1 is elevated so does he stop at H2 since one can't move diagonally up a ladder or steps to change elevations. Or since on this map it's more of a ramp could you diagonally go up?

If Stardust stops at H2 he still takes knockback damage (for being hit into the elevated wall), correct?
User avatar
RogueEffect
Site Admin
Posts: 4448
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:11 pm

Postby RogueEffect » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:07 am

pg 23 rules - fig can not change elevations on a KB (boundry of a elevated square - which we'll agree is the 2 below it) - but according to pg 23 he stops there and takes a click and would infact be at: H2 - he didnt hit the elvated wall he does take a click.
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
Synic
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:56 am
Location: Westminster, CO

Postby Synic » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:38 am

Quick Question:

If one of my figures carries a bag of cash into my own starting area, of my own free will, does the money get stashed for my opponent, or do I retain control of the bag?
User avatar
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin
Posts: 6747
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:49 am
Location: The Oblivion Bar

Postby Jason Potapoff » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Does bribing the Comish to raise you in the draft order, put you higher if you upgrade an existing fig? In other words say you draft first over all but you decide to upgrade your figure so you are dropped to last. But if you paid to move 2 spots up, would you be placed as 3rd last pick then? Or is the bribe only good for a normal pick?

Not that it applies to me since I don't have any figures to upgrade but it's a question that just occurred to me.

Question number 2 is: Since there are so many figures that can be upgraded in this set, are we going to have enough figures to draft or is there a possibility that we will run out?
User avatar
greenandgold
Site Admin
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Postby greenandgold » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:10 pm

Synic wrote:Quick Question:

If one of my figures carries a bag of cash into my own starting area, of my own free will, does the money get stashed for my opponent, or do I retain control of the bag?


You are still in control, but look out for any MC.
User avatar
greenandgold
Site Admin
Posts: 3401
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Postby greenandgold » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Jason Potapoff wrote:Does bribing the Comish to raise you in the draft order, put you higher if you upgrade an existing fig? In other words say you draft first over all but you decide to upgrade your figure so you are dropped to last. But if you paid to move 2 spots up, would you be placed as 3rd last pick then? Or is the bribe only good for a normal pick?

Not that it applies to me since I don't have any figures to upgrade but it's a question that just occurred to me.

Question number 2 is: Since there are so many figures that can be upgraded in this set, are we going to have enough figures to draft or is there a possibility that we will run out?


A bribe wouldn't matter on the first pass, but would potentially help you out on the second pass for people that upgraded.

Keep in mind the second pass score used is calculated the same as the first pass. If only 2 people upgrade in the first pass and the first one had an original slot of 5 and the second one had an original slot of 15, but spent 5 to move up, the second would move their score up to 10 but still be behind the other person.

We won't run out. Promise.
User avatar
Batman1983
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:42 pm
Location: "Mobile."

Postby Batman1983 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:28 am

I did a set split in one of the PFHL threads or one of the Heroclix Discussion threads, but I believe we still have 29-31 non-repeats in the set. From now on its unlikely the Supp drafts will hose anyone (and may need retooling next year). If DC keeps up with limited amounts of remakes one could almost hope for 40 new pieces in Crisis (at least if the 2 figures with anti-monitor aren't repeated in Crisis).

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest