PFHL Week 4 Rules Thread

BoyMullet

Postby BoyMullet » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:55 pm

The card can't be used and is cleared of all its tokens. When the leadership comes back though so does contingency plan without any tokens.
jscotty

Postby jscotty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:01 pm

Would the range be halved if throwing the $ with HSS?
Synic

Postby Synic » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:06 pm

jscotty wrote:Would the range be halved if throwing the $ with HSS?

Good question, as I just threw a bag the full 6 squares with Invincible on a HSS run.
jscotty

Postby jscotty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:10 pm

That was why I asked after reading your move...
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:13 pm

IS this map called "The Overpass" in cyberboard?
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 pm

TOkens are not taken off of COntigency plan when Leadership is OW'D, they stay and when leadership comes back so do they. BUt no more tokens can be placed on the card while Leadership is OW'D
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:51 pm

mwposse wrote:IS this map called "The Overpass" in cyberboard?

yes
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:32 am

Synic wrote:
jscotty wrote:Would the range be halved if throwing the $ with HSS?

Good question, as I just threw a bag the full 6 squares with Invincible on a HSS run.

I'm going to say no. Range in this case is dictated by the object, or token, being thrown and not by the standard rule that halves range with HSS ranged attacks.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:38 am

Aquajock wrote:TOkens are not taken off of COntigency plan when Leadership is OW'D, they stay and when leadership comes back so do they. BUt no more tokens can be placed on the card while Leadership is OW'D

Where did you get this from? The rulings I've read have stated that if the power is countered (ie outwit) the tokens are lost.
Scammer

Postby Scammer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:49 am

too late now, but would this scenario been better served with first turn immunity for the bags? That is, no grabbing or stashing of the bags until Turn #2.
Playground team: Magneto, Black Adam, Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Black Knight, Black Bolt, Moondragon, Joker, Abbey Chase, Mister Mind, Doc Samson, Fatality, Despero, Vulture, Iceman
Map: Four Corners
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:27 am

Maybe, but to stash on turn one you need tk and a character with 10+move to get to your opponents side. Thats a worthlessly sacrificed character if his name isn't Sidewinder. Though if your opponent has dual TK and say Flash and Amazo it may be a little less of a sacrificial move.
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:03 am

greenandgold wrote:
Aquajock wrote:TOkens are not taken off of COntigency plan when Leadership is OW'D, they stay and when leadership comes back so do they. BUt no more tokens can be placed on the card while Leadership is OW'D

Where did you get this from? The rulings I've read have stated that if the power is countered (ie outwit) the tokens are lost.

They are lost if the power is OWed... but not if its MC'd and turned off - we discussed this in Round 2 - where I wasted my game MCing Shazam!'s fig for no good reason.

:-)
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
badger

Postby badger » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:31 pm

A flier can carry both a cash token and a non-flier with a cash token (so in effect two tokens right ???
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:52 pm

badger wrote:A flier can carry both a cash token and a non-flier with a cash token (so in effect two tokens right ???
Yes. Cash is pretty light.
BoyMullet

Postby BoyMullet » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:47 am

I don't know if this was ever covered but if one of my figs is carrying a bag and is MC'ed back into my starting area does that count as stashing it for my opponent?
RobEng

Postby RobEng » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:01 am

If I read it correctly for the Pigs get Fat weapon, I could choose between 1 and 5 recipients of the new TA and depending on the number I chose, was what I needed to roll above to successfully grant them the TA. If I choose 1 character, I just need to roll above a 1 to get the TA and if I roll a 1 I take one click. Am I correct?
Make Heroclix trades with me at http://www.miniaturetrading.com/user/robeng.
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:36 am

Rob: You have it correct.

BoyM: MC'd actions are while they are friendly to your force - so yes it would count as a stash. (Also why the stats have the MCer taking credit for KO's and ATKs in the stats page).
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
greenandgold
Site Admin

Postby greenandgold » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:40 pm

BoyMullet wrote:I don't know if this was ever covered but if one of my figs is carrying a bag and is MC'ed back into my starting area does that count as stashing it for my opponent?

I would have to say yes since that figure is part of your opponents force for that action and is doing everything needed to get the cash stashed.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:46 pm

I wish I had been online while we were discussing balancing the scenario. Perhaps I would have pointed out how much better the list of scientists are than the Daredevil pieces..

Unless i'm missing a Daredevil piece that can Outwit, has charge and has a defense of 18..
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:02 pm

Jason Potapoff wrote:I wish I had been online while we were discussing balancing the scenario. Perhaps I would have pointed out how much better the list of scientists are than the Daredevil piece.

I assumed this was part of the bonus of winning initiative, getting to pick IRS with the better powers. Initiative winner ought to have a significant advantage somewhere to offset the disadvanatge of the other guy moving first.

With the change of bag stashing location, I think this scenario turned out well. It's got a good balance bewteen fighting and bag carrying. The random element of the weapon rolls don't seem lead to anything that can't be overcome.

Good job G&G.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”