Rogues Warehouse

greenandgold
Site Admin

Rogues Warehouse

Postby greenandgold » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:57 pm

Here's your warehouse guys. Sorry it isn't much to look at, but I guess it's home.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:50 pm

So, somehow we got the exact same division as last year... Same name, same four captains.... the warehouse looks a little shabbier... but oh well.

Let's see if we can have a better showing than we did last year. Although I think my 4-6 is just about my average playground record. Is this the year I have a breakout season and run away the title? Nah, prolly not.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:53 pm

The DEFENDERS of the REALM

Silver Surfer

Dr. Strange

Hulk

Black Knight

Moondragon

Namor

Gargoyle

Beast

Valkyrie

Captain Marvel

Hawkeye (played by Merlyn)
ImageImage

US Agent

Clea (played by Selene)
ImageImage

Angel

Devil Slayer (played by Nemesis)

And those that didn't make the cut

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by PantherCult on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:30 pm

Well pretty happy os far with the way the draft is going. Maybe I would have liked for you guys to make some picks that were a little more premature then they had to be, but I think again it's gonna be up till the end to see who goes to the playoffs.

WE do have some subs on the team, we got Shocker filling in for Lightning Lad and Wildcat filling in for Timber Wolf (who presonally I was hoping Timber wolf would be picked so I could use Wildcat cause I just love this little guy)

And with the way Badger is drafting I'm probably gonna need another 2-3 more subs for available members, except no one really can fill in for triplicate girl, except for Multiple man but s he's already taken. But if you guys have some suggestions I'de love to hear them in the spirit of friendly team building :D
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:19 pm

Aquajock wrote:Well pretty happy os far with the way the draft is going. Maybe I would have liked for you guys to make some picks that were a little more premature then they had to be, but I think again it's gonna be up till the end to see who goes to the playoffs.

WE do have some subs on the team, we got Shocker filling in for Lightning Lad and Wildcat filling in for Timber Wolf (who presonally I was hoping Timber wolf would be picked so I could use Wildcat cause I just love this little guy)

And with the way Badger is drafting I'm probably gonna need another 2-3 more subs for available members, except no one really can fill in for triplicate girl, except for Multiple man but s he's already taken. But if you guys have some suggestions I'de love to hear them in the spirit of friendly team building :D

Well, I was really surprised you let Saturn Girl slip past and get drafted by Stimpy. I'm not sure who you'd use as a good substitute, but I'm sure you'll come up with something.

I think you're going to have to just leave Triplicate Girl out of the equation for your squad since there's really no one that can sub for her well. I do not think it was a bad idea to get a few grounded proxies in there as teams made up of only fliers can be unwieldy.

With regards for Subs... you need a Karate Kid - possibly Shang Chi, as he's really a slic martial artist. Another thought would be Boon. The LE Boon gives you access to the Crossgen TA for nasty backlash damage for your WC's to copy. A 3rd option is Bronze Tiger who gives you the Suicide Squad TA.

A sub for Wildfire could be Positron? Both are energy beings contained in armor... and Positron is a wild card himself. Alternately Titanium Man is an armored bruiser that could fit the bill.

I'm not familiar enough with Dawnstar's powers but would Mirage/Moonstar sub for her well?

There are obviously still tons of Legionaires available as well - Brainiac 5, Shadow Lass, Colossal Boy, Shrinking Violet, Bouncing Boy, Dreamgirl...
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:25 pm

SR Barda and Scott free could attack like Duo Damsel should you draft Barda... yeah bad idea. Honestly PC is on the money.
CREATION MATRIX><XIRTAM NOITAERC
_________COAX INIR MATTER_________
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:55 pm

Ya, guess hse's gonna have ot be left out, and I guess that would just be eman then if i drafted bouncing boy and left his love off the team. As for Karate Kid, that's what Iron Fist is in for :D although if he had been taken shang chi was my next go to, and I actrually had bronze tiger on the list incase wildcat got picked.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Aquajock wrote:Ya, guess hse's gonna have ot be left out, and I guess that would just be eman then if i drafted bouncing boy and left his love off the team. As for Karate Kid, that's what Iron Fist is in for :D although if he had been taken shang chi was my next go to, and I actrually had bronze tiger on the list incase wildcat got picked.

Ah, I failed to notice that you had nabbed Iron Fist. Still, with all the WC's on the team you'll probably be wanting to look for TA's to use. So, since you don't have Saturn Girl and you can use a Mystic to abuse... what about Circe with her Mind Control and Mystic TA?
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Aquajock

Postby Aquajock » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:01 pm

Ya that's the problem now, gonna need to start filling out some WC fodder, not too much though.

I was sad to see Saturn Girl get picked, it's jsut that I've never been much of a fan of Mind Control, although the SP on the new Saturn Girl is pretty nice, I got the ICWO bump and now with Cosmic boy and hopefully a avenger or JLA TA to copy use COntingency Plan to great use.

On a side note, i've read over contingency plan and you don't need either a LOS to the figure for it or it doesn't need to be the same TA or keyword, huh?
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:26 pm

Well, I'll tell ya. Don't underestimate the usefulness of Mind Control when facing a team of mystics... have them hurt themselves as they hurt each other.... lots of fun.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
RogueEffect
Site Admin

if only that worked.

Postby RogueEffect » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:47 am

Most Mystic Teams (WC) also have bat TA.... so MC doesnt work as well as it should - now if MC ignored hindering terrain man would that be sweet.
PantherCult

Re: if only that worked.

Postby PantherCult » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:14 pm

rjcarpenter wrote:Most Mystic Teams (WC) also have bat TA.... so MC doesnt work as well as it should - now if MC ignored hindering terrain man would that be sweet.

Agreed, I wish they'd at least create a feat that allowed that. I submitted exactly that for the Create A Card contest with WizKids.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
Shazam!

Postby Shazam! » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:17 pm

Just get close enough for a close combat mind control attack.
THE :defenders:EFENDERS of H.A.T.E. - defending the Playground by beating people up.
Dirk Anger, Lindsey Lohan, Namor, Zombie Elvis, Incredible Hulk, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie
RogueEffect
Site Admin

My Team:

Postby RogueEffect » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:50 pm

1. SUPERMAN: (Played by Count Nefaria):
Image Image

2. GREEN LANTERN:

3. FLASH:

4. WONDERWOMAN: (Played by Polaris )
Image Image

5. GREEN ARROW: (Played by "Roy Harper Jr.")
Image Image

6. BATMAN: (Guest Appearance & Played by Tim Drake)
Image Image

7. MARY MARVEL:

8. ZATANNA: (Played by Karma)
Image Image

9. CAPTAIN ATOM

10. HUNTRESS (Played by Dagger)
ImageImage

11. GYPSY (Played by Domino)
ImageImage

12. AQUAMAN:

13. HAWKMAN: (Played by Zauriel)
ImageImage

14. HUNTRESS (Played by Psylocke)
ImageImage

15. Question (Played by Scourge)

Roster: Draft Picks Left: 12/13/14/15
Figs Traded: Thor/Black Cat/Lightning Lad.
Figs Recieved: Flash/Domino/Roy Harper.
Trades Remaining (1)
Last edited by RogueEffect on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:19 pm

Okay, the team is complete... I didn't do a good job of getting TA's for Dr. Strange, but I think I'll have some fun with my team anyway.

I get to square off with Dr. Doom and/or Emerald Empress in the first round - so that should be a barrel of fun.

Kickoff is almsot here!
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Nearly Complete.

Postby RogueEffect » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:11 pm

I managed to get a virtual JLA - quite happy - and my team is still solid if not top heavy with 100pt'ers.
RobEng

RobEng's Red Rogues

Postby RobEng » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:56 pm

Topher Grace in Ocean's Eleven: "Fellas! Fellas! Check this... all... red!"

Introducing RobEng's Red Rogues
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Make Heroclix trades with me at http://www.miniaturetrading.com/user/robeng.
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:08 am

3-1 for week one - and our schedules were off for week two... interesting.
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
PantherCult

Postby PantherCult » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:41 pm

Sorry fellas for letting the division down and getting the only loss. My improper understanding of how Silver Surfer would work ensured my loss on turn 2. Hopefully I'll play less boneheadedly in the future.
PFHL '09- Monkey!
ImageImageImage
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:21 pm

Its ok PC just Trade Me Surfer and your record is all but forgiven ;-)
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.

Return to “PFHL '07-'08”