Playoff Finals Scenario Rules / Discussion

Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Final game of the season, this is for the Championship. Winner wins the season.

Map: Dr. Doom’s Castle
http://www.rogueeffect.com/forum/map/ma ... cfdbcaabde

SCENARIO RULES:

1. Initiative winner chooses "side" and deploys first, placing 2 heavy objects and 1 light object (or 1 HO and 1 Ultra Heavy Object if he so chooses).

2. 2nd player deploys second, places 2 light objects and 1 heavy object and moves first.

3. Any Number of Special Objects a team has can be used in addition to the standard HOs and LOs. (provided the team pays the cost for them of course)

4. We are all minions of Doom. – All figures are considered to have the Minions of Doom Team Ability. If the figure is already a Wildcard then the figure can copy a second Team Ability.

4. Winner is determined by Victory Points at the end of Round 10

5. Unbreakable Force Field - The orange/yellow lines in the center of the map are a unbreakable force field (basically blocking terrain walls that can’t be destroyed in anyway).

6. Start back to back like gentlemen.The starting purple areas are in the middle of the map.

"I did the right thing didn't I? It all worked out in the end."

“In the end? Nothing ends, Adrian. Nothing ever ends.”

JesterJayJoker

Postby JesterJayJoker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:58 pm

What's the point value?
MaD DawG

Postby MaD DawG » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:33 am

I think an even 500 puts...are we not voting on build value :lol" cause that's a way to do a final game!!
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:01 am

D'oh!

500 points sounds good to me. Lets have the teams put their rosters to good use.
RobEng

Postby RobEng » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 am

MaD DawG wrote:Source of the postQuick question, are we playing with the map rules? Mainly that you cannot fly over those middle lines, not that they are just blocking terrain that cannot be destroyed
Make Heroclix trades with me at http://www.miniaturetrading.com/user/robeng.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:04 pm

RobEng wrote:Source of the post
MaD DawG wrote:Source of the postQuick question, are we playing with the map rules? Mainly that you cannot fly over those middle lines, not that they are just blocking terrain that cannot be destroyed

Ya lets go with that, you can't fly over the force field to force everyone to move around it. The map doesn't list the map rules so I had to look for them and only saw the mention of the undestroyable blocking terrain.
RobEng

Postby RobEng » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:59 am

I had two questions on how are you ruling on Cyborg's Connected to Every Computer trait? The two questions I have are:

If he chooses an object to draw LOF from and there a character with Stealth on that object, can he draw LOF to the stealthed character?

If an object is carried can he draw LOF from the square with the character carrying the object?

I checked the WK rules forum and found nothing. HCRealms had a thread at http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438469. Of course it is not official but going through the 7 pages of posts it looks like most people say that a Stealthy figure on the object will not be able to be seen but others could be targeted because of his Sharpshooter symbol and that an objected being carried is considered to be off-board so it is not within Cyborg's range. I wanted to clarify how we are going to be ruling on these questions.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20 pm

RobEng wrote:Source of the post I had two questions on how are you ruling on Cyborg's Connected to Every Computer trait? The two questions I have are:

If he chooses an object to draw LOF from and there a character with Stealth on that object, can he draw LOF to the stealthed character?

If an object is carried can he draw LOF from the square with the character carrying the object?

I checked the WK rules forum and found nothing. HCRealms had a thread at http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438469. Of course it is not official but going through the 7 pages of posts it looks like most people say that a Stealthy figure on the object will not be able to be seen but others could be targeted because of his Sharpshooter symbol and that an objected being carried is considered to be off-board so it is not within Cyborg's range. I wanted to clarify how we are going to be ruling on these questions.

Correct on what you figured out from the thread. An object being carried Cyborg can't use. He cannot draw LOF to the stealthed character on that object but he can draw LOF to other characters from an object that a stalthed figure is standing on due to his sharpshooter.
RobEng

Postby RobEng » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:59 am

The final match is over and it was very boring. I think there were 3 attacks made over 12 turns. Thanks for running this and to everyone who played it to the end.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:39 am

Congrats to RobEng the Season 11 Playground Champion
badger

Postby badger » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Thank you JP :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:bow: :bow:
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor

Return to “S11 Current Round”