mwposse

Re: PFHL Season 6 Rules Thread

Postby mwposse » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:38 am

Never mind.
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:27 am

mwposse wrote:We have a difference of opinion here. I was just stating what I want to do. I'm not saying what you should do. If you want to whipe out your opponent, feel free. What is your punishment for doing so?... nothing. I'm just saying I shouldn't be punished for my way either.

Anyone who has ever played me in any league game knows, I always look at more than the current game (I'm sure it becomes really annoying to some). If there is no one else involved, I give far more concessions than if my decisions will affect others. But I only look at the bottom line. I won't give my opponent a victory (because it could shut someone else out of a playoff spot) but I also won't KO for no reason. I figure that my job is to win my game. If I leave some guys alive that I could have KO'd, its not stopping the next opponent from winning. They still start their game with an equal opportunity to win.

As far as the baseball anology, I'm very old school. If I were up 10 to nothing, I wouldn't bunt for hits or steal bases. Others may disagree and they are entitled to their opinion. Am I not entitled to mine?

Not quite what I was looking for - realistically though winning the game and giving your opponent the chance to win their next game might be a strong tactical decision - in my case Shazam! might have thought i'd use wildfire this round against my next opponent - hoping that it helps him in his division - as it turns out I didn't pay attention to anyone's schedule and Shazam! gets a little less variety this round potentially.

I think my point was I understand the need for concessions - hurrying up the game, or when a game is not in doubt and people don't care about points/playoffs - it makes sense to me - but functionally trying to alter the game in-progress with do's and don'ts seem like match fixing and as we can see from this round very confusing - I just think it might make more sense to spell out whats fine and whats just going to cause issues - the first 2 ceasefire/concession are relatively straightforward - someone was nice enough to offer - someone didnt mind accepting - the tradeoff of figs/events in game seem like i'm waiting for a bookie behind me not to break my legs for shaving the correct number of points.
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.
mwposse

Postby mwposse » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:35 am

rjcarpenter wrote:Not quite what I was looking for - realistically though winning the game and giving your opponent the chance to win their next game might be a strong tactical decision - in my case Shazam! might have thought i'd use wildfire this round against my next opponent - hoping that it helps him in his division - as it turns out I didn't pay attention to anyone's schedule and Shazam! gets a little less variety this round potentially.

Sorry for the confusion. My post was actually a response to Jason't previous post.
RogueEffect
Site Admin

Postby RogueEffect » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:06 am

I was wondering would it be a good idea to sticky a number of rules questions that always come up:

ie: what theme bonus's can a team get etc?

(i was just asked this one and i dont know the answer to it anymore?)
I'm Playing the New Marvel War of Hero's Free Phone game, get bonus free stuff by using my referral code: mpg785792 - and if u need help explaining it - i can reply to PMs.

Return to “Playground S6 - 2008-2009”