PFHL Season 9 Year End Awards Show!

Playground Season 9 Main Forum
Batman1983

PFHL Season 9 Year End Awards Show!

Postby Batman1983 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:05 am

PFHL S9 Year End Thread:

"Gentlemen,

Grab a booth or stool..."

"But don't stool in the booth. Booths are only for Pig-Latin... and assassinating town-cars. So they'll be no conversations in Pigeon whilst your feet are on the ground, but if your heads must be in the clouds... remember: Latin is the satin of sound. And while the leathers fake thats the simple booth of the matter. You may continue, Zeppo."

"As I was saying, Groucho: Booth, Stool, and if the interruptions continue, a shepherds crook."

"Hey what-a-ya-know I was bleated by a shepherd once. I go to the local stable & order a White Russian and the Spaniard next to me takes the spoon out-a his Cheerios & poured the bowl right over my ice."

"That... must have been an angering situation, Chico."

"At-a first I was blind w/ sheer rage & told him to get the flock out of town, but we finally get along. After all we were both passing through & if Juan was a-no-mad with me then I was a-no-mad too."

"I honestly have no idea how to respond to that"

(Shrugs)

"You neither, Harpo?"

(Shakes head: “No”)

"Thats what I thought. Why don't you announce the Prizes while I round up our brothers..."

{Awards!}

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Image Image

Image Image
“&”
Image Image

Wow what a haul, but what's this last bit for you ask? Why more prizes, courtesy of Zeppo's Dry Cleaners. Now, while I take leave with my brothers, my fine employees from the cleaners should be by shortly to provide the run down of the remaining prize pool... pardon us while we take a strange interlude:

Leave
CREATION MATRIX><XIRTAM NOITAERC
_________COAX INIR MATTER_________
Batman1983

Re: PFHL Season 9 Year End Awards Show!

Postby Batman1983 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:14 am

L – That Gene Kelly sure was something, wasn't he, Moe?

M – Well the kid certainly is lighter on his feet than you geniuses.

C - So why are we all here?

S – We're here to present this year's conciliatory awards...

L – Are those the Darwin ones for silly crooks, Shemp?

M – No, numb-skull, its leftover ribbons, so the mothers feel their kids are worth the “hard-earned” spent.

C – Oh boy oh boy, leftovers!

M – C'mere...
M – Now stop interrupting...

S – As I was saying we'll hand out awards for:

Fellowship(s)! - Though Lancelot got twice the votes as anybody else ;) , Zeppo says BlaackSanta & FCW-Superman were a lot more fun to play against... or simply available to!
[Prizes shown above]

Endurance! - So you didn't win... anything. You still played all the games.
[Perezh hasn't responded, but I'm slowly putting this together and it'll say "Curse you, Richards!" when I'm done. He just kept coming back for a 1-8 record, but hopefully lots of fun.]

So Close! - Hey every hand needs five fingers (even if only four are needed to shoot a quick LL&P). But don't let defeat put you on Lower 5th.
[Rob gets Black Panther (& the Tony Stark & Iron Men shown later). Print & Play AvM Iron Man card (Heroclix.com doesn't have P&P Black Panther yet, but the Avengers Team Base does something cool if both are attached)]

Theme! - You may not have won fellowship, but that doesn't mean you didn't look good (not) doing it!
[How about a ZOMBIE Word Balloon, Icewolf200? One that grants Zombie Hunger & Zombie Infection Traits! (good luck convincing local judge)]

Insanity! - In a league that was almost dominated by Arkham's finest, you sir, were cornballs & silly putty past the edge. (and we're all a little better for it)
[Sorry, gundragon I forgot to take a picture... it'll be an Orange Madman (Hulk villian) on a TT Aquaman base]

Violence! - The wanton destruction of other players
[Jscotty also has not responded, but had almost as much KO points as Badger, so I'm building him this:]
does not include Apocalypse card...

International Despot! – Now that you've lulled us all into a false sense of confidence you'll get all us Richards any day now.
[Dr. Doom wielding Thor's Hammer on an IM3 c Iron Patriot dial is what LordofLatvia gets.]

Thor665 Spirit Award! - What grace, what skill, what effort? Whether bantering or banner-making we salute ye!
[In honor of Thor's wonderfully evil scientists: Dr. Octopus on a TT Nightwing dial - Leadership, Outwit, Improved Movement... EVERYTHING, Multi-Targets, etc.]

Year End Warrior! - You came into a bad situation with a bunch of good guys & turned it all around. What LUCK!
[Quite appropriate Trait Fairchild has there, eh Shamrockjack?]

No word from Horse85 or Msthomps1 here or on HCR.

Not even Image is cooler than those prizes!

What can I say...
badger

Postby badger » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:15 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
badger

Postby badger » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks to everyone -- especially The GD Batman !!!!

He breathed a lot of enthusiasm into this league he did !

Excited about this season - we have some new and dangerous blood here should make it nice:
I hope Jester-Jay (Playing a good storyline Inhumans gauntlet with him right now), and Respite, and Just some Coffee all join and find out how cool the playground can be !!
(also Chaos in Gotham, and TMK might throw down)
I hope MsThompson, Horse85 and a luckier PerezH come back
I have heard that FCW-Supes, ShamrockJack and Lord of Latvia are all nigh definite and have HIGH HOPES for FCW-Thor no one plays it funnier !!!!

Already have chosen and discarded many themes for this season

Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

Finally I have decided on "two" contenders-- one that I'm confident can take it through the playoffs
and two others that will be fun to write and play (one of which my boy Griffin will be excited to follow)
of course the 4rth of these two I'm trying not to consider in deference to my friend Supes.

When does the draft start !??!!
Once a Survivor Always a Survivor
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:02 pm

badger wrote:When does the draft start !??!!

"Really soon" & "Shortly after that"

I've got some more pictures to take & drop other prizes on the masses today while I work out the details of Season 10 w/ Jason.

I want a completed rules this year (now that I can focus on the task), but thats going to take less time than loading dials & structuring the next 9 months into a calendar. The ATA & pog rules have to be very specific as well as any piece like GG Dr. Strange/ASM Mysterio or Seven Deadly Brothers/Triplicate Girl. If Relics or Feats are still a part of the PFHL they have to be specifically limited as it relates to the given format.

I want to also have it so solid (mostly done already thanks to Season 9) that Jason or you or Icewolf200 could simply receive an email with the next Scenario and post it if at any point I don't have the hour or two to do so.

Finally whatever I say the PFHL "is" will be Season 10. I have to force a structure as if I was a judge or a Wizkids sponsored event. This will help me focus on decision making & allow Badger/Jason/Rogue/Icewolf to both compete & answer rules questions/update threads while hopefully discouraging other players from arguing with something black/white till I come online (especially important if I am equally limited as, even though WAY more focussed than, the beginning of S9). So if its "No Specials", then it is. If its "No Piece Banned" then it is. You'll just have to trust that I have an intimate knowledge of the Rules (and sets being added), that I did a better job streamlining the Scenarios (Based on the mounds of used & unused S9 data), & that the overall intent in FUN, so that S10 will be "Set" before the Draft "completes"... if not "opens" (since its mostly done except for gramatical consistency).

I have one more day of back breaking moving (tomorrow), followed by an overnight shift & a nap, but then no shift till Wednesday the following week, so when I'm not looking for work I'll be hard core nailing this down for all of you.

I really do enjoy doing this crazy thing.

EDIT: As a side note to anyone thinking about something like this:
1) Have the story plotted & preferably done so all you have to do is drop a copy/paste even if it is 6 months from today.
2) Have help. Identify what you HATE doing & deligate (why do you think I built the Draft thread? Jason hated it. Out of that was born me taking over)
3) Stick to the calendar. Reward those pouring themselves into it rather than trying to hang onto the half-invested.

Thats all I got till I drop some more rewards. Going to play Lego w/ the bro.
Jason Potapoff
Site Admin

Postby Jason Potapoff » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Sounds good, can't wait to start.
RobEng

Postby RobEng » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:48 am

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to those who made this season happen.
Make Heroclix trades with me at http://www.miniaturetrading.com/user/robeng.
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:30 am

Coolstuff had a super quick turn around (and nothing broke this time) so Rocket Racoon & the SLOSH boosters are in (along with a bunch of stuff for me, normalview, & Carl... whose HCR name I know not).

Did not get pictures taken, but Awards will be handed out for:

Most KOs accomplished!

Least KOs allowed! (cannot use games that didn't end)

"other statistical victories that I just drew a complete blank on"

I go now to eat & consume nutrients that will sustain my failing mind...
Gundragon

Postby Gundragon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:44 am

Just want to say thank you again for running this Bats! I really enjoyed playing and look forward to the new season. Now that I am all moved in to the new Dragon Cave, I think it will be time for the Dragon to make some more memorable matches! Or more crazy comments and antics. LOL Thank you again for the figure too! Appreciate it!
jscotty

Postby jscotty » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:42 pm

What was I supposed to respond to? I don't get alerts from the site. I am on board for next season though.
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:54 pm

Need you to PM me your address... I haven't had time to glue it together, but I'll be in Orlando on & off in the next week as I prep to move there, so we could also just plan to meet at "Clix for the Cure" in Kissimee on the 18th if neither of us work.
BlaackSanta

Postby BlaackSanta » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:39 pm

Have the prizes been sent? I never received mine.
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:30 am

no... October got shot to 'L. However finally putting pieces of my life in a sane order & this will likely be done by week's end.
jscotty

Postby jscotty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:58 pm

I am not authorized to read any of the season 10 stuff, is that on purpose?
Batman1983

Postby Batman1983 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:52 am

No... I must have messed up the Forum creation... its been a year since I've used the Admin part. I can do the thread moving from a different part & so I winged it & must have clicked (or unclicked) something.

Icewolf200 - Help?!?

Return to “Playground Season 9”